PDA

View Full Version : doubts in ckts and other stuff...

mandar
09-17-2004, 12:12 AM
hi guys....

i actually had to ask 3-4 things and so dint know what section to put it in .. so this ends up here ..:D

here we go...
the help files on the picaxe prog software say that i can use an Ic L293D (which i bought) to drive motors.. . problem is how much input voltage shud i provide it w/o blowing it up.. then againg any idea what o/p it gives.. i am thinking of using two 24v motors (got them from chor bazaar real cheap :) )
i think i might have to use a amplifier or something .. ne suggestions?

then again.. pic axe uC provides pwm o/p on one pin.. so i think i couple it with a AND gate (or something like that) and get control of individual motors and the o/p goes to the L293D..

what do u think... this all is for the line follower for the iitb techfest thing..

and btw vikas... thanks for that pcb making tutorial.. just saved me abt a dozen headaches ...

mandar

ice
09-17-2004, 05:40 PM
the L293d's can have a max input of around 30 V...that's the max rating in the datasheet.
Yup ,u can wire ur 2 motors to one L293d safely...one per channel
...no need of an amp...The l293D uses something known as an Hbridge...ur input is a 0-5V signal output is what supply u give the 293D ..say 15V
I think the 293D supports PWM...again check the dsheet...i'll check and tell u.

how much does the axe cost any way...did u order it from out?
bye
ice
//gerry

ice
09-17-2004, 10:45 PM
mandar,
u can use the L293d [rather any equivalent motor driver] for PWM ,i checked it out.
ice
//gerry

mandar
09-17-2004, 10:58 PM
thanks a lot

i got the pic axe from US .. i guess i have posted the link under another thread or something.."what is the axe for".. but that guy delivers only in the US and a friend of mine was coming here from US that time.. so she got it..
it cost me abt $11.. inclusive of shipping and handling..
actually just too scared to do anything to it.. dont want to screw it up.. so asking a helluva lot of questions b4 committing to anything..

will start on the thing now..

mandar

ice
09-17-2004, 11:07 PM
mandar,
i can understand ur fear...i blew alot of PICS,Just be careful while programming.If u put it the wrong way in the socket,it buns up...so be cool. and test all ur connections.
I would recommend using the f84 or rather any othe PIC chip,in case this blows...If u need help...for code..go here..
piclist.com

ice
//gerry

vikas
09-17-2004, 11:24 PM
ur right ice ... one SHOULD check connections before putting in the uC ( Well ive burnt only one 2313 till date ) but messing up even a single uC costs Rs 150 + which is not cheap in any way .

take care .... learn from your mistakes ;) ... If you make them