PDA

View Full Version : Help with DC Voltage Supply

gyaanguru
06-14-2006, 10:19 AM
HEY can some one plzz help...i need to make a variable dc voltage supply that gives o/p from 12V to 50V (approx)... plus with indicator LEDs n stuff... I need help on what transformers & diodes to buy.... plus the rectifying circuit should be filtered (pref using capacitors)........
please help.... i have no clue abt d components i need....HELP!!

murali8051
06-14-2006, 06:43 PM
hi!
for a supply of 12-50v ..your transformer will become bulky,costly....but then also you can go for 50-0 v transformer...with required current ratting...you can use 1n4002 didodes as bridge rectifer....n in order to regulate it you can use lm317...which has an adjust terminal...where you can add a variable resistor.....you get voltage from 1.24v-50+v.....

docel
06-15-2006, 01:12 AM
...AND
you could also use google search with key words- variable power supply-

I FOUND 19,700,000 PAGES :!: :!: :!:
Now, do you want to search??? or do you expect us to search for you?

Sorry: I'm not a "pissed-off professor" as someone commented. But if you are desperate, you;ll learn to learn at any cost. Certainly NOT from ready made answers, in the name of being " helpful".
This makes people dependant. The other name for that is " slave"

Dont get me wrong. It just reminds me of a fantastic advise: Dont give a fish to the hungry; Teach him how to fish" :)
Moral; Giving a fish makes the person a begger for life. Teaching (translate: forcing) him to fish will make him independant....and a wiser man!

Ready answers to basic questions Will suppress your learning curve......

After you browse the 19 something pages and still have problems in some specific area, then someone here will surely help you, technically.

devpriya
06-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Dont give a fish to the hungry; Teach him how to fish" Smile
Moral; Giving a fish makes the person a begger for life. Teaching (translate: forcing) him to fish will make him independant....and a wiser man!

Good one Sir :D