PDA

View Full Version : Dry-Film Photoresist for Sale

kishore2k4
06-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi guys,

I've you made PCBs are wanted to make one, here is great chance for you. Not knowing where in India this Photoresist is available I bought this from the US. Check the following links.

-> Product Specifications.
http://www.thinktink.com/stack/volumes/voli/store/specs/m115spec.htm

-> Everything you need to know about PCB prototyping
http://www.thinktink.com/stack/volumes/volvi/pcbproto.htm

The sheet lenght is originally 50 feet. I've used 4-5 feet and it was of great use to me. Too bad I couldn't get enough time to make all those PCBs I planned for before I purchased the thing. If you get used to this you can make PCBs in less than 60 minutes. That is 30 mins for exposure(depending on your UV source), 10-15 mins for developing and 10-15 mins for etching.

Apart from the sheet you'll be needing 1 or 2 UV Lamps and developing chemicals, all are readily available in your local chemical stores.

I paid Rs.5700/- for the whole thing which includes Rs.5000/-(product+shipping) and Rs.700 for customs tax.

BTW, you won't be needing any laminator to apply the dry-film to the PCB. Just Iron the copper clad, peel of the protective layer of the resist and roll over the clad with your hands. 1.2.3... like that.

Expose the copper clad with the artwork in place and then develop. Then strip and etch. They claim a resolution of 5/5 but I don't think that can be achieved in a home-made setup. I was routinely getting 10/10.

Feel free to PM me, if you have any doubts. I didn't want to set a price for this thing and am open to "Best Offer". I can send it through VPP.

cheers,
kishore.

docel
06-30-2006, 02:27 PM
This is generally used by PCB manufacturers and not of much use for the hobbyist. The process is cumbersome and difficult, not to mention total cost which will include a lot of wastage due to wrong exposure etc.,.
Any PCB maker will gladly buy the film, since it is American.

kishore2k4
06-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi docel,

I agree on the cost part but its not cumbersome. Once you get used to it. Its very easy and yield is also high with a capability of small design rules. You normally won't get 10/10 with a Screen printing process. Anyways this is good if you have many more projects to go. And besides you don't have to pay the full price :)

cheers,
kishore.