PDA

View Full Version : Inverted Servo rotation

milindshastri
09-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi guys,
I need to control two servos while inverting the motion of one servo for making a powerful robotic arm. The servos are attached to a movable link with the two servos abutted at their bottoms and the horns of either fixed to a rigid fixture.
I have done it by openign the servos and cutting the motor off the control circuit of the slave servo. I then connected the slave servo's motor to the master servo's motor while inverting the +/- connections at the slave servo's motor.
Now this is working pretty good in a synchronised fashion. However since both the motors are being powered by only the master servo I feel that its control circuit is being overloaded and may burn out early. Is it true?
Is there a way to avoid this from happening?
Thanks.

milindshastri
09-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Also is there any other method (preferably hardware method) of inverting the servo rotations.
I tried varying their PWMs about the mean position's on-time (ie, ~1.5ms) but it is not very accurate and it puts unnecessary strain on the internal gears if there is even the slightest mismatch.

asimov_18
09-05-2006, 02:57 PM
try replacing the power transistors on the servomotor board with higher rating ones (if present as discrete components as in old servos).