PDA

View Full Version : ROBOSOCCER??? IS IT A ROBO?

sas87
09-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi,
Lots of Robotics events are being held nowadays. We saw the Robosoccer at IITG Techniche. The question is : Where is robotics in a motor attached to a wheel and some switches through long wires. There are no RULES and was like WWF....Free style. Some 'vehicles' looked like they had 5A 'transformers' fixed on them. Almost ALL of them were WIRED control 8O
The only rule was to bash the opponents by muscle power and Huge size.

Robotics events at Engineering level should be a little more technical and challenging, and should define the word "ROBOT" and the term ROBOTICS, we feel.
We also feel that it should be called something else. We suggest
"WILD CAR" or WIRED CAR". BRUTECAR would be more appropriate.

jagz
09-18-2006, 04:28 PM
hi sas ... dunno who u are ..

but i was a winner at the event in guwahati.. I agree that most were wired cars .. and the event shld be more appropiately carsoccer ..BUT it definitely wasnt WWF ..

vikas
09-18-2006, 08:43 PM
what were u expecting :)

sas87
09-19-2006, 06:21 AM
Something that dont break opponent cars like a bulldozer. Events without rules must be put in Robowars or something and not soccer. The winners just crushed the other s by pure weight and power. most of them were targeting the bots rather than the ball!! :lol: :lol:

robonuts
09-19-2006, 10:40 PM

docel
10-09-2006, 11:06 AM
well this wat i ask many people wat is the robotics in there by just fixing some motors with wheels and using wire .......i think it is just a toy making only

but in the events like techfest (iitb) and shaastra (iitm) there are problem statments where genuine robotic concept demand

Quite true!

Some events are very challenging...Gold Rush, Stair-Climber...
but the 'wires' at the CaptureTheFlag was a little damper! 2 robots by a team simultaneous was a good challenge!!

Q: Why are people afraid of REMOTE controls???
Ans: INTERFERENCE, JAMMING!!

iT IS EASY TO PLACE A sPECTRUM aNALYSER ON THE SPOT...and detect jamming, etc.,

And of-course! participants should be "clean" and honest if they come in for SPORT as Competitors and not as Cheaters.
Catch a few and ban them ...on the Web and that will stop.

yamanoorsai
03-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Moreover contests like robot soccer could be taken up for fun. I enjoyed it. :P