PDA

View Full Version : Regarding ELECTROKITS - Chennai

CPSivam
09-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Hi,
I am a electronics enthusiastic residing in chennai. I am searching for a board which has relays and the relays can be controlled by PC thru parallel port. I thought i may get it in ELECTROKITS so i searched for ELECTROKITS shop in Ritchie Street but couldn't find the shop. I enquired about the shop and they said they were shifted. I tried their telephone no but it doesn't exist. I also asked some shops but they don't understand what i am asking. Since i am a non electronic guy i don't how people call those kind of board. Can any body know where i can get that kind of board in chennai? or is there any online shop sells? or anyone know how can i reach ELECTROKITS?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Shiva

Vivek
09-18-2006, 07:06 PM
I dont know if there is a kit for such a thing.
but I think its very easy to make even if you dont have electronics background.

there are tooooo many parallel port tutorials on net and maybe on this site too.
parallel port controlled relay circuits should be available in plenty.

if you dont find a simple enough circuit, post here again and we/i/someone shall post.

but you will need a breadboard or some soldering to make the circuit.

cheers!

CPSivam
09-19-2006, 11:49 AM
yeah., i know we can do it with very simple circuit. actually i have done it during my college days. but now i need a neat solution to avoid scaring people around my work environment. if i couldn't get then bread board is the only solution.

even then i need good shop in chennai where i can get components related to robotics/embedded systems. so if anyone tell any good shop it will be really helpful for me since i couldn't locate ELECTROKITS.

Regards,
Shiva

yogi
09-19-2006, 01:54 PM
see this
http://booksbybibin.14.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=68

why go for kits, try to make it by urself, if you have more number of relays use uln2003 instead of transistor, then u can drive 7 relays.

bibin John
www.bibinjohn.tk

mvrajasekhar
04-08-2007, 08:22 PM
U can try in omega electronics in ritiche street, or can go in for ajanta electronics. they will make the kit for you. check out whther it is available ready made ther or not.

docel
04-10-2007, 01:45 AM
i think the idea of this forum is to propagate self-learning and fabrication.
Yogi has quoted his reference, and a very good one too! This should help anyone trying to MAKE something on their own (and high time too, for them !!!)

Electrokits has shifted to Singapore, after the sad demise of the old man :cry:

mvrajasekhar
04-10-2007, 12:19 PM
The idea of this forum may be self learning ...but there is no harm in knowing the avenues.

All the time it may not be feasible to make a product by ur self.