PDA

View Full Version : Why have RULES at all??

docel
10-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Rules and Problem statements are made to be fair to all contestants.

1. If Rules are changed just Before, During and After each round, Why have those rules at all???
This will be a handicap to other contestents and unfair practice. Just putting" rules can be changed at any time during the contest..." is an even greater sin and stinks of host partiality and selfishness.

2. One could see a " eye wash" disqualification" in the miorning and see the same team playing in the Afternoon!!!! ( CTF, SHAASTRA 06
This is a violation of some or other participating team's rights and amounts to blatant "cheating"

Can the BIG Sponsors answer why they are party to this Cheating by the Hosts??

3. There is NO harm in having a free-for-all rules and see the consequene of it on the arena. Probably some interesting stuff might emerge!

4. There is big money involved as prizes...and bigger aspirations by the participants who spend lots of Time and Resources for the event.

DONT be unfair to them!!

vikas
10-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Like ie said befoe -

Hosts should not particitapte - Will solve 90% of the problems. They can participate for display but not compete.

ubero
10-10-2006, 12:33 AM
well guys i have been a part of more then 10 robotics competition in colleges like IIT,Jamia,DCE in delhi and still havent been able to spot any foul play.
guys come out of it,
times have changed.

docel
10-10-2006, 04:34 AM
ubero- not alll apples are bad in the basket. The bad ones are the 'biggies'.
We are still waiting for your "unbiased" IIT-G report.

rao
10-12-2006, 04:16 AM
LOL

Ubero if I am not mistaken who you are.. then I clearly remember your agony at the IIT delhi competition..

Rao

mishradk
10-14-2006, 07:08 PM
I remember when I used to learn Cricket..
I was a Kid and Dad used to give me an easy ball but
THE RULE
was if I dont hit a 6 then I am out..
I knew if bat goes to him, then how tough it will be to make him out.
So i used to try my level best to hit 6 to each and every ball..

ie rules can be any thing.. but should be decided before..
Once made should never be changed before comp ends.. :wink: :D