PDA

View Full Version : usb to parallel converting cable

praghu_cool
10-19-2006, 02:52 AM
hi friends ,
this is raghavendra i am working on atmega32 microcontroller, i am using stk200 cable for pragramming the controller using iccavr its working fine..
recently i bought a laptop it doesn't have parallelport, so i bought one usb to parallel converting cable of wanteng company ,i think he didn't give perfect drivers ,windows detecting it as usb print support but not as lptl
or lpt2

can any one suggest any ideas how to use this or any idea of working cabel's
even i am ready to buy a new one if it works

milindshastri
10-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Aah...I hope someone can figure this out. I had tried the same thing but was not able to figure out the address of the virtual lpt port. I have some chinese 'Wang Teng' USB to parallel port converter.

praghu_cool
10-27-2006, 01:22 AM
hay even i have the same copany one . winXP detecting it as usb print support i think we need correct drivers

i have seen bafo companies usb to rs232 converting cable its working fine i think this companies usb to parallel cable may work..

praghu_cool
10-27-2006, 01:23 AM
hay even i have the same copany one . winXP detecting it as usb print support i think we need correct drivers

i have seen bafo companies usb to rs232 converting cable its working fine i think this companies usb to parallel cable may work..