PDA

View Full Version : Photoresistors in India

prateeksin
10-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Dear friends,
Can someone help me to get photoresistors in India ? Do you know a place in India where I can buy it ?
regards
Prateek

yogi
10-24-2006, 10:20 AM
go to any nearby electronics shop and ask for LDR, then you will get it surely.

bibin john
www.bibinjohn.tk

prateeksin
10-25-2006, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the info bibin. You know anyplace in India where I can get solar cells ? I want to make a BEAM robot but solar cells are too costly in the US
regards

yogi
10-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi prateeksin,

I never worked with solar cells. Ask for some others. What purpose are u using solar cells for

Bibin John
www.bibinjohn.tk

prateeksin
11-08-2006, 04:54 AM
bibin these are for BEAM robots. It is just another power source, replacement for a battery. Just that it charges and makes the robut work when the capacitors release current, intermittently.

shashak
11-08-2006, 12:44 PM
i my childhood times i used to buy solar cells from local watch repair shop it cost around some 15 Rs per pc. but now i cannot found any, may be because now no one goes for repairing the calculators.... :roll:

i had not use them for projects like beams but i am sure they can be usefull if you club 10 - 12 pc togather ...

and also i my last visit to bombay i had found some variety of solar panels ( some very big) at vega electronics, mumbai ...

but if you go for calculator cell then that would be more cheaper and this is what a beam robotics is all about (hacking household scrap items..)...

rao
11-11-2006, 12:51 AM
I tried with a solar cell off an old big calculator I had.. it isnt the best when it comes to charge and efficiency but sure does work..

Why dont you try that out??

Rao

MohitM
11-11-2006, 03:05 PM
IMO, you will not be able to run robots on solar cells hacked from a calculator. For this you'll need some serious heavy-duty ones.

Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (http://mnes.nic.in/) has shops in cities all of over the country. They have in stock solar cell based rechargeable lanterns, street lights, etc. IIRC, they are subsidised 50% by the government. I don't think the Government of India would really mind if you buy these to hack out your solar cells. You will also get as a bonus - rechargeable cells and some electronic circuitry.

;-)
Mohit.

rao
11-15-2006, 12:57 PM
My beams did work.. anyways.. it takes a lot of time for the capacitor to charge up.. and moreover I used pager motors..efficient and light..