PDA

View Full Version : stair climbing

jain
12-05-2006, 03:20 PM
hi everybody i am vibhav jain .can anybody tell me how i climb a robot on stairs ? i have some ideas but they are so complex. is there any other motors for climbing a robot on stairs from simple motors?

docel
12-06-2006, 12:36 AM
tell me how i climb a robot on stairs ? i have some ideas but they are so complex. is there any other motors for climbing a robot on stairs from simple motors?
:?: :?: :?: :?:

Buddy! I dont know how to 'climb a robot on stairs'. But I'm willing to learn. Tell us about those so complex method!

shashak
12-06-2006, 11:19 AM
i think front flipper design is most successful and widely used technique for stair climbing, google for packbot....

http://www.irobot.com/sp.cfm?pageid=109
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEllxIMl73k

anyway it is design on which most of the climbing robots are design please share your complex design which we can also try...

jain
12-07-2006, 06:26 AM
hi ,i m thankful to you .now i m going to share my complex method.

make a small robot having large hands . these thands are capable to lift the robot .ist hands go to the second step then lift the robot on the second step. another thing is these hands present in the middle edge i.e. not in front and not in back. i can say it works like a monkey.

jain
12-07-2006, 06:29 AM
hi shashak ,i m thankful to you .now i m going to share my complex method.

make a small robot having large hands . these thands are capable to lift the robot .ist hands go to the second step then lift the robot on the second step. another thing is these hands present in the middle edge i.e. not in front and not in back. i can say it works like a monkey.

rao
12-07-2006, 07:18 AM
and how do you plan to maintain the Centre of mass?? as in how do you plan to balance your "comple" bot?

shashak
12-07-2006, 09:25 AM
there is one more very easy design i remmember that is saw in Shaastra 06, in that the big wheels(15~20 dia) are in shape of NAZI cross, they were lighting fast in climbing the 10 steps .....
you can also try that

but only limitation i feel is that they can be use for climbing only

try to arrange the snaps of Shaastra 06 there u can find lot of designs....

rao
12-07-2006, 12:13 PM
they are called wegs... amixture of legs and wheels.. try searching youtube for wegs and probably you will find some nice videos.. or google rocks anyways

docel
12-07-2006, 03:05 PM
StairClimbers need a lot of High-School Physics ........