PDA

View Full Version : ultrasonic ranger ckt. too good.

Vivek
10-11-2004, 11:09 PM
There have been couple of threads and questions about Ultrasonic Ranger circuit/module.

Finally I was able to find a really good design on a webpage by a really good engineer.
http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_pic6_6.htm

The webpages are really superb in their content, because they not only give very indepth details of every aspect of the circuit, but also a systematic explanation of the circuit with waveforms.

the circuit design is also very robust and noise free. it wont require the tuning/trial-error etc if the pcb/ckt is neatly made.

And Most improtant: All components would be locally available.
If the PIC mcu is not, another one can be used.

If the IC LM833 is not available in local market,
try for NE5532. or search for low-noise opamp.
(or TLV2362 which might be harder to get than the above 2)

The TX/RX ultrasonic transducers are 40KHz standard devices...locally available at Gala & Vegakit shops in mumbai., (the maker may be different but they are same)

The design is great because he even takes care of the variation of the speed of the Sound with change in temperature.

beautiful design and beautiful site.

cheers!
Vivek

ice
10-12-2004, 12:31 AM
That was one of the first sites that i used to refer while programming pics.The ultrasonic ranging project wasn't put up tht time.
kewl one Vivek....
The usonic sensors noramlly sold at visa.vega are made by MURATA.[I asked them to show me the datasheet] :D
ice
//Gerry

vikas
10-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Well the site really goes into the DETAILS .... well researched and nice circuits :)