PDA

View Full Version : how can i controle motor

dcekuldeep
01-24-2007, 02:09 PM
i m 2nd yr production student,plz help me.........

i want to know ..

1) which motor( DC,AC etc) is useable for making any small robo.
2) how i can control speed, direction of wheel.
3) how i start towards making a robo(simple one).
plz help
its urgent

firoz
01-28-2007, 11:34 AM
usually we use DC motors rated 5v,12v,24v as per the requirement.but for robots position control is necessary for which u need stepper or servo motors.in normal DC motors u can't control position.
for normal DC motor when u apply less voltage it rotates slowly and for high-voltage(24v,48v) u'll get high speed(as per motor rating).just change the polarities to change the direction ie + to -.
search on net for small robo models.for high-end u shld learn PIC stuff.

u can differentiate between normal DC and stepper by number of wires.stepper got 4-6 wires coming out and for normal one 2 wires.

shashak
01-28-2007, 03:14 PM
when we say Dc motor here it usually means Dc gear motors, the gearbox is use to increase the torque of the motor

dcekuldeep
02-07-2007, 01:18 PM
i got ur point. about stepper motor.

dcekuldeep
02-07-2007, 01:22 PM
shashank
dc gear motor r there. but is it good to use these motor to give torque on driving wheels of a robo? :?:
plz tell me fast plz

dcekuldeep
02-07-2007, 01:24 PM
firoz
i dont know much about stepper motor & there controls
so can u tell me about it plz

shashak
02-07-2007, 02:51 PM
hello dcekuldeep

Dc gear motor can only be used to drive, there are many types of it like metal gear box and plastic gear box one.

If you give us the specification of your robot we can give more precise options and place were you can get those

One thing more never try to use stepper motors for the wheels if your robot weight more than 1kg. Yeah steppers can be used with gear box but no point in it when we can get same type of control with Dc motor using some other techniques

haridarshan
02-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi Shashak can u plz tell me from where i can get best quality components

shashak
02-07-2007, 10:45 PM
http://www.roboticsindia.com/modules.php?name=Wiki&page=Shops

Lamington road, Mumbai is my favorite place there i found most of the components i want

moo
03-18-2007, 12:22 PM
hi,
For small robots (wheeled or walking) servo's are the easiest to use. You can run one even with a 555. they have control circuit, gear reduction for getting torque and position sensor all inbuilt. One problem is to get the wheel to fit directly on to the servo. But i fit the servo arm to the wheel- problem solved.
I made a wheeled robot with 2nos 9gms servo(modified) and a castor for the third wheel. Just 3x3 inches, runs of 9V battery pack.