PDA

View Full Version : Regarding IITB techfest

Vinodh
10-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Hi all,

How hav you planned to build the chasis for the survivor which fallls from 1 m.
i tried with a parachute. Parachute s worth less tryin.

Im thinkin of having big wheels so the shock is absorbed..

any more ideas..

Vinodh

vikas
10-30-2004, 12:34 PM
I think this topic was discussed earlier also :) ... do search the forcum :) ... BTW parachutes for 1 m ... wont work . You can make tyres big / bild a very rigid ( all metal ) body . 1 m btw is not that high .

fahad
10-31-2004, 12:22 AM
techfest 2005 one more example of how to mess up a good competition
come on dudes iit cant come up with better ideas of a much better game board...totally inspired concept of the abu robocon,
* first of all iit needs to revive its fundas in robotic competition as it is by default thad there is a conspicary by them to bring the home team by hook and crook to win the game.....bigest and recent example techfest 2004
* change the rules at the last moments
* 'n' number of entry for iit b team
with direct entry to the qualification round with out any prelimination
*improper formatting of the problem description and rules in the web page
*vague guidelines,and discesion to disqualify unsafe team(threat to the winning home team)

tech fest 2005 another chance to officially cheat and win 4 the home team.u have to be god to over come these obstacles

it is not how far u land but make sure that u get the correct points to u in the zone u land when the seen becomes like the kashmir issue

it is not the line u follow but displace the BALLS in the right order so do we need the line follower?????????????
chech the rules out'
the points r 4 getting the balls
not following the line..............................
well if i start.............. this webpage aint big enough

ingenium
11-01-2004, 06:04 PM
I have an idea.... about falling....
an air filled bag could be attached at the bottom if the chasis.... or at the top.... the vehicle may fall on its back with the air bag facing ground... (some carefull planning is needed to ensure which way the vehice will fall....) and then the wheels cud reorient themselves.
i mean, once the vehicle lands on ground... the wheels will be lowered down. the wheels could be placed on 2 4 bars row-wise.... which could be lowered or raised as needed.... all simultaneously....
any robost design of the structure could not ensure 100% safety...

Subhasis

vikas
11-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Well one thing that really hurts is a rigged up competition :) ... Seems like it happens at most of the places ( Home teams winning the prizes ) and the best entry maybe getting second :evil: . Thats why i never did care of these 2 dumb competitions ....

My advice a rs 350 rigged RC car can easily match up the problem required at iitb :) and will easily come in first 10 :) ... Where is the brains in that .

brother_four
01-22-2005, 07:45 AM
huh. check this out. i found it on another forum.
http://dcetech.com/ieee/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1144&PN=1

7000 bucks, huh ?

docel
10-30-2006, 04:44 PM
History repeats??