PDA

View Full Version : Want geared stepper

bhatsri
07-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Hello,
Does anyone know a source or wants to sell 2 pcs of geared stepper motors, small RPM like 5 RPM (after gear). Want to move something like a webcam directly for pan and tilt. Typically bipolar, (4 wire) or even unipolar (5 or 6 wire) 12volts DC or even 5 Volts DC.

Thanks!
Sri

:lol:

docel
07-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Why a geared Stepper?

Getting simple steppers itself is becoming a problem (expensive)!

:idea: Why not just run the ordinary Stepper 'slowly" ???
...or a simple pulley drive?

Steppers are more efficient at slow speeds, actually!

debu
07-10-2007, 09:04 PM
As Docel said, Why go for a geared stepper? :?:
If it is merely controllig the RPM, youcan just modify your firmware to increase the delay between the steps.

Anyway, Back on topic: I suppose a simple gearbox may be applied at the end of a shaft. I know these are available easily in the market.

Which reminds me of the time when I used a double shaft Panasonic AC motor and put different ratio gearboxes on each end, I did this for a demo which showed the cross section of a IC engine, of course the engine cross section that the workshop guys carved out couldnt work, so we used one end of this motor to drive the crankshaft, and the other to rotate the engine on the axis so as to show the visitors different angles of the same engine. Ok, I better shut up, and stop going off topic. :roll: