PDA

View Full Version : Encephalia-The robotics event in Jamia clg.Delhi on 19th Aug

encephalia
07-28-2007, 10:01 PM
IEEE-JAMIA Branch Proudly presents ENCOMIUM'07 on 18th,19th August,2007

ENCEPHALIA – The robotics challenge in JAMIA College, Delhi on 19th august

DARE TO SHOOT………
OBJECT
The contest aims at encouraging the participants to design robots that can dexterously pick and shoot balls into a basket.

FIELD OF PLAY
The dimensions of the playing field are 180 × 150 cm. One side of the field contains a basket. The opposite side is the empty side.

Two three point circles are drawn at radius 40 cm and 80 cm.
The innermost circle is region A, followed by region B and region C.

THE BALL AND THE BASKET
The ball is a standard table tennis ball. The ball will be placed in the region C randomly.

The basket will be a cylinder with a diameter of approximately 11 cm and height approximately 14 cm. The top rim of the basket is mounted at a height of 40 cm and the basket is supported on a rectangular cardboard of dimensions 20 × 60 cm.

ROBOT
The robot and the moving part when fully opened shouldn’t be higher than 35 cm
And the base should be less than 25 × 25 cm.

GAME PLAY
The three point cylinder is the volume described by the playing field as the base and extruding the three point circle as sides.

A robot scores if the ball is thrown by the robot and ball enters the basket.

A robot scores 20 points when the robot shoots the ball while lying in region B when the ball is thrown (No part of robot being inside or touching the space of the three point cylinder of region A).

A robot scores 40 points when the robot shoots the ball while lying in region C when the ball is thrown (No part of robot being inside or touching the space of the three point cylinder of region B).
Ball missing the basket will be kept back to its starting point.

Each team will be given 10 minutes and the team collecting maximum points will be declared winner.

For PICTURE of the arena..mail me ur email id or contact me on my no..…

For enquiries and entries:
encomium07_encephalia@yahoo.com
http://www.ieee.org/go/jmi

Coordinators:
Ankur Rustagi (+91 9899210851) (ankur_rustagi12@yahoo.com)
Abhishek Kar (+91 9810586216)

Prizes worth Rs 15,000 to be won..

encephalia
08-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Hurry up guys.... :)