PDA

View Full Version : query regarding ISP and 8252

krishnabhargav
11-22-2004, 02:44 PM
hi all,

I read this message posted by vikas :

But for 8252 which has ISP ( In System Programmable ). You just require about 5 discrete components to make the programmer , and you can program it while its in the circuit . Also it pretty powerfull and feature rich

Can you just explain me how at89c51 is different from 8252.I just cant understand what ISP is?How is it useful for us.You said we can build our own programmer easily.How???Can u just provide me the schematic for the programmer and also how to download the hex code into the 8252 using that programmer.Thanks.I think it would be useful for many newbies like me if you provide the schematic with a small tutorial in the articles section.(else after i learn it i shall write one :lol: :idea: )
well thanks

Bhargav

vikas
11-23-2004, 02:27 PM
well

89s8252 is an advanced version of 8051 and has some advanced features also . while 89c51 is a near clone of 8051 core .

By the way of ISP i meant to say In System Progrmmable... It goes like i build a circuit and the uC has been put in the circuit . To program the uC again i simply need to plug in the ISP cable and download the code on the uC . If it was not ISP then i will have to take out the uC ( plugging in and out 40 pin uC is not recommended ) put it in the programmer and program it and then put it back .

I think you get my point :)

BTW here is the link http://mikrocontroller.cco-ev.de/en/ISP.htm ill put up an article very soon .

An more help :?: needed u know where to post :)

krishnabhargav
11-23-2004, 05:58 PM
hey i saw the link you gave.Well i wanted to learn AVR too but my doubt is are the AVR uC too ISP??how much does avr cost and how much do the 8252 cost?
Bhargav

jack
11-23-2004, 11:06 PM
I need to take a close took at site again! Answer to all your questions is already on the site.

Yes avr is also isp, like at90s2313

at90s2313 is around Rs 150 and 89s8252 is about Rs 200, as mentioned by other guys.