PDA

View Full Version : Stepper Motor from road-side

TirthankarMukherjeePIC
10-08-2007, 10:11 PM
I got a nice pair of stepper motor from the road-side of Chadni-Chowk (Kolkata) ... its working fine using ULN2003... I haven't mounted it ... as I am not sure the wt. it would be able to carry .... I got its manual from the net ..and posting it for you all so that I can get some guide....

http://www.eminebea.com/content/html/en/motor_list/pm_motor/pdf/pm35l048.pdf

Its a 24V stepper ... I would surely run it at 12-15V at the most..., I would use it for my obstacle avoidance project fro my final year... of Engg.

abhijit8
10-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Since you are not using the rated 24V given in the datasheet, it will be better to atleast roughly measure the holding torque of the stepper, at the voltage you wanna drive it. Then you would be able to guess the load it could carry.

This is a Permanent magnet type stepper. It doesn't have that much torque of that of the hybrid steppers.. In general you should look for steppers with rectangular/square cross-section rather than circular cross-section. They have a better torque characteristics.

Also your stepper has 7.8degree step angle. Even with half-stepping, it may be provide quite less resolution, unless you are planning to use a micro-stepping driver.