PDA

View Full Version : where in mumbai????

Sorcerer
06-11-2004, 03:18 PM
hey

was wondering if any posters here know of good locations in mumbai for robot parts

i know lamington road is the best place for elec components, but i wanna know if anyone knows of a tried and trusted shop for stuff

rvbugged
07-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Hi,

I'm from mumbai too...even I have come across Laminton as the only place...

Just come to Forum index...Find a team...and introduce yourself to mumbai people...

my User name :rvbugged.

fahad
01-30-2005, 01:42 AM
choor bazar is the dudest place where u can fnd any thing. it is near j.j hospital and is held every friday
u need to keee ur eyes open u never know what u might bump into
fahad

hotrod
12-06-2005, 07:52 PM
check out WWW.MIGINDIA.COM

i have posted about mumbai and there are posts for other cities as well.
you can contact fahad above for misc parts, custom built chassis, motors etc. he ships all over india at very reasonable rates.

for anything else pm me

hotrod
12-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Taken from www.migindia.com

Bombay

Electronics
Visha Electronics [Opp Police Station, behind the bus stop on the 1st Floor]
Visha Kits In the building behind Visha Elec
Vega Electronics: Same floor as Visha
CK Electronics: In the lane opposite Visha [There is a Juice and Sandwich Wala at the beginning and the lane is the same that leads to Grant Road Station from below the bridge]

For Motors:
In the same lane as CK there is our Sardarji in Bombay Electronics.. he is a very friendly guy and you should ask for discounts or he will charge higher..

u can find lots of geared dc motor in servo motrs
1:servo motors
2:gala electronics

For Power Supplies:
Lamington Road: From Visha, walk towards Opera House.. there is this small shop on the right hand side footpath.. it is inside a building entrance and u cannot miss it

metal/hardware
go to Gulal Wadi which is behind Pydhonie

Junk
go to Chor Bazar on Fridays.. remember to negotiate heavily.. if they ask for 300 Rs, you quote 30 Rs and he should give it for 40-50

For Books:
Fountain
Student Book Depot near Prarthna Samaj, Charni Road

For Computers: Lamington Road Again