PDA

View Full Version : Any Robotic Contests - Open for all???

Vinodh
01-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi,
I have graduated out of college and work for a semi-conductor company in blr. I am looking to participate in robotic contests (like i used to do in my college days). But i could not find any contests OPEN FOR ALL. Only Current Students are eligible.
If you know of any such contests, where i could participate, please let me know.
Thanks
Vinodh

docel
01-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Sorry old boy! Just out of luck!!

Most Competitions like the IITs do'nt care for Students themselves.....so where do YOU stand???

Tough luck!! :cry:

asimov_18
01-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Hi frnd I am in the same boat as you are. You are stil luck to work for a semiconductor company I landed up working for a mainframe system on cobol :( .....wanted to work on embedded...

any ways if earn well why not put in some money(for prize) from ur end and organize a competetion (which can be at any college organizing a tech fest) which can be open to all. I live on my own in mumbai couldnt save much during my 1yr service but still if this this work out I wont mind putting some amout for this from my pocket.....

what say fellow robotiers docel,vikas,rao and others????

asimov

docel
01-06-2008, 04:34 AM
Yes, thats a nice idea.

I planned for one 2 years back, but dropped.

I do'nt mind hosting it here....

rao
01-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Now that I am out of India.. you guys.. start developing ideas like this..

Just my great luck I guess..

Anyways.. What I feel is.. once you start working..the routine gets too tight and by weekends you are too tired or stuck with other work to actually invest your money or time on something like a contest..

when you are a student.. there are not "many" deadlines, duties, chores you have to attend.. Vikas and I have tried many times to organize something like this in Delhi.. but.. nope doesnt work..

I dont want to discourage anyone.. I hope it works on your side..

Rao

allbits
01-07-2008, 03:45 PM
yes.. even if things turned up right and the event was hosted .. how many teams are expected to participate??

I had serious plans to host one around my area., but the number of participants who can turn up scared me away.. Or else there has to be a HUGE cash prize waiting..

As someone said earlier, it would be better for colleges to host an "open class" competition along with the normal ones for students.. In that case, sponsorship, or other issues like hall etc wont be a problem..

But anyway, there are lots of robo - war - like competitions going around, even though not in India. Many of them accept international contestants, so if someone is doing something solid, they can give a try on them...

I know teaming up over the net never works, but still, if there is someone around who really wants to go for one of these competitions, let me know. Of course I have plenty of free time once in a while.. hee hee

docel
01-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Ok! I've decided.
bangalorerobotics will conduct a Competition for eX Students in April/May at Bangalore.
Details will be announced in 2 weeks time.

Vinodh
01-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Great to see more ppl in the same boat. Finally a contest for Ex students - the best news so far in 08.
The Next hurdle is to come up with a problem statement which would interest more folks.

elecrom
01-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Gr8, somebody should take initiative to organize nationwide robotics competitions for non-students community.

fahad
09-20-2008, 10:49 PM
micro mouse in iit b techfest 09 is open for all

shashak
09-21-2008, 01:40 AM
4.4 Team Specifications

A team may consist of a maximum of 3 members. Students from different educational institutes can form a team.

4.5 Eligibility

All students with a valid identity card of their respective educational institutes are eligible to participate in Micromouse at Techfest 2009.

vikas
09-21-2008, 02:35 PM
What ill say is sponsor some kid/team , he/they need all the guidance and recources he/they can get. And help him build the robot.Most competitions are pretty simple as such.

And he might win by an Unfair advantage ;) ... but Ull get the same satisfaction ... as i think thats what u looking for. And the feeling of the people looking upto u in respect is even better :).

Cause prize money and certificates dont matter after u start workin.