PDA

View Full Version : stupid question?!

ognjen
12-16-2004, 03:17 AM
... this is stupid... but i don know how to make gnd... what is ground...
- or +... thanks

vikas
12-16-2004, 07:31 AM
gound is nothing but negative ( - ) . So where its mentioned ground simple connect it to negative .

ognjen
12-16-2004, 02:43 PM
... that`s what i was thinkin... THANKS!

a_iitian
01-16-2005, 02:05 PM
basically grnd means at lower potential then the higher potential i.e. it is all about relativeness. it means if at some place , u hav ur circuit grounded n at other it is 5V that means relative p.d. shud be 5V

Hardik
01-17-2005, 12:57 AM
ognjen.....hey thats fine ..being a starter u dint know what was groung.....

same hapenned to me on my 1'st electronic project ( a piano)..someone had given me the circuit.....it had somepins grounded.....i couldnt figureout what it was...and then my next question was now where do i connect the -ve pin of the battery...i asked him waht it was.

he laughed out LOUD....lol....poor me...

(Always connect GND to -ve of the battery)

well thats ok it was my start and urs too....good luck for ur further electronics adventure...

ognjen
02-24-2005, 04:23 AM
Thanks man... .thats a big alleviation for me... i was expecting a "...oh God this guy is screwed...". Thanks again.

02-24-2005, 01:29 PM
gound is nothing but negative ( - ) . So where its mentioned ground simple connect it to negative .

Ground is not negative ... it just means lower potential .. it may be 0 v also .!! where we have +5 / 0 V / -5 volts of supply ..