PDA

View Full Version : AP voice rec IC

kp_chd
03-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey has anybody used AP ICs ?
I'm talking about aplusindia.net
They has some nice stuff--like a OTP 20 sec voice rec IC for rs 30/- and re-recordable ICs for 100+
I was planning to do buy a few and a make little toy but looking at the datasheet,programming them doesn't look quick.
I sent an email to those guys but they said you will have to buy their programmer :evil: (and its beyond my budget)

So,has anyone found a way to use these things without that costly programmer?

elecrom
03-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Better to make your own toy using 24P16 flash memory, a mic, and an AVR. Use ADPCM for compressing audio data and playing back. See application note for PIC microcontroller which nicely explains C code for ADPCM encoding and decoding algorithm.

allbits
03-19-2008, 11:00 AM
You dont have to buy the programmer to re record the APR chips. It is there in the datasheet as to how to make it. Slight modifications in the playback circuit will do!!! (to record it)

APR9600 might be getting obsolete ( or is it? ), but i guess it will be far more easier than using a micro controller - in terms of complexity, in terms of hardware, in terms of build time and in terms of cost!!

but dont expect very good sound quality. You might need a good amplifier anyway.

kp_chd
03-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanx to both of you! :D

Allbits...i guess you are right.I am going in for apr9600.... :)
And i don't need very good quality.......the sort of sound quality in those cheap Chinese toys will do just fine...