PDA

View Full Version : VTS-08B

superchiku
04-06-2008, 12:51 AM
i did some tests with the vts-o8b good info for those who are confused like i was earlier..

oh yes these servos make a lot of noise , try to find out a way to reduce it

superchiku
04-06-2008, 02:56 AM
In case anyone out there bought a vega kit servo like the vts-08b and got highly frustrated using it like me then i have something for u

since no datasheet and specifications were given i tried to callibrate it my self and did some tests Here is what i found out

THE SERVO CAN MOVE FROM 0 TO 180 DEGREES

0 DEGREE = 0.5 ms PULSE

180 DEGREE = 2.6 ms pulse

so effectivele a 0.5-2.6 ms pulse for a rotation from 0 -180 degree

frequency of operation= 50 hz

total duty cycle=20ms

THESE VALUES MAY BE DIFFERENT FOR OTHER MODELS BUT THEY PERFECTLY WORK WITH THE VTS-08B , Try testing it urself but i guess these values should work

in case u need more assurance just watch this video i uploaded in youtube which shows the VTS-08B working..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wv6v-45t4Y

debu
04-06-2008, 02:09 PM
@superchiku: Congratulations of your achievement!! ;)

The real problem, however, isn't the non-standard pulse timings in the Vegakits servos. The real problem is, each servo has different values for the center position. I purchased four different servos, each had different values ranging from 800uS to 2000uS for the center position. I have since stopped using the vegakits servos. Currently using hitec servos (311), these are great, you can simply replace one with another, no problem.

Regards,

Debu :)

superchiku
04-06-2008, 02:48 PM
well u see if hitec or futaba servos were available locally then it would have been really cool , guess i have to buy them from the internet

but i guess my values should work coz i tested them in 2 servos like that
and debu i saw ur usb programmer schematic, it was really cool how did u come up with the idea and how did u design the software for the programmer?

superchiku
04-06-2008, 08:49 PM
my VTS-08B is consumung a lot of power though so much that the led connected to the mcu bcomes dim when the servo is moving , what do u think is the problem ??? iam using 12v regulated dc with a max 2 A rating and using IC 7805 to regulate the voltage and directly supplying to mcu and servo