PDA

View Full Version : Programming Guide..

jackbauer
04-21-2008, 09:24 AM
hi!

im new with robotics..im using PICkit 2 and mplab IDE and Hitech..
also i got 123 Ucontroller experinments (evil genius ) and progrmming robot controllers..plus some downloaded ebooks..most are from myke predko..

from those books i learned lots of stuff like setting up IO lines,outputting PWM those basic stuff..

what i need help from is from what myke predko talked about..

organizing your code (i use C language and assembly) in such a way that biologic, mechalogic and elelogic instructions dont interfere each other..

he teaches using tmr0 interrupts to time events and stuff..that's where i got confused..it's might be easy to setup one process in a PIC (like servo control, PWM , sensors..etc) but if you want to use all of this in one robot that's were it comes in..i got myke predko's point but i just dont understand yet how will i do it in code..

can you guys guide me or help me how do i do/learn this?

also,i looked at some robot codes..when i open the source file folder it was diff files..like one file is for controlling the head,another for the sensor etc..it's like there's a main code that calls all of these together..

man,there's a lot to learn..

this forum is a nice find..i heard people from india are one of the best programmers..

im from the philippines..

hInstance
04-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Better get some basic understanding on C. That will help you very much.

fear_none
06-29-2008, 12:13 PM
hi..

can uplease give me links/pdfs of mike predko's book i am begining to work in PIC

Thanks
ank