PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasinc ! Where to find ?

mallumobile
12-20-2004, 03:03 PM
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to make an ultrasonic ragefinder for a long time. The main issue is to find the RX/TX module of the sensor. Is there any one who already build this using comps avlble in India ? Below is an intersting article abt building an ultra sonic sensor.

http://www.leang.com/robotics/info/articles/minison/minison.html

Please let me know, whether i can get the Tx/Rx module in India ( better, in Bangalore )

Thanks,
Saji

sumandeep1984
12-20-2004, 05:26 PM
I think all the components needed for the circuit in the link are very common and should be available in your local market. You may have to search a bit for the transducer though...

If you are planning to build the circuit then do inform if you are sucessful...best of luck

happy_99
12-20-2004, 11:20 PM
All the components are available here. Rx/Tx abt. Rs.300. I've the parts but didn't start assembling. "ice" had build one, the same that u've given in the link.

REgds

happy_99

Gurbir
12-21-2004, 07:30 AM
My dear friend sorry to say that

India is a wrong place to learn electronics

gurbir@gurbir.cjb.net

Delhi

ice
12-21-2004, 08:19 AM
Don't know abt B'lore..but its available in Mumbai..
Phone these guys and ask them if they do mail orders[i got mine from them]
Visha Electronics

I don't think so...
Unavailability of stuff in India is a blessing in a way...we Indians try to get the application done no matter what..kind of sparks our creativity..

Stuff available abroad is all integrated in neat plug and play sets...learning and combining discrete components[as we do over here] sometimes gives us a better understanding of electronics.

-ice

vikas
12-21-2004, 04:13 PM

I wont say that .. like ice said where there is a will there is a way .

U wont get things like GPS and CMuCAM's but you can get most stuff for you simpler robot .

If you want GPS , intelligent sonars ( exact distance output ) ...With this kind of budget you can order from abroad :) .

mallumobile
12-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Thanks Guys !

I will try to make an ultrasonic range finder, will update you soon.

Regards,
Saji

subot_robot
12-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Hi mallumobile,
u should be able to get ultrasonic sensor in blore most probably in SP road. Ask for 40kHZ ultrasonic transmitter reciever pair. i got mine in Mysore for Rs.320.

subot_robot

12-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi

Nice link.Let me know how the circuit comes out when it is finished

devpriya
12-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey guys I have been using SFR till now which is very costly, so if anyone of you successfully make a good Ultasonic Tx-Rx working please let me know.

It would be much more economical than SRF.

rao
12-03-2005, 07:11 PM
I have made a decent ultrasnic proximity and distance sensor...

I generate the 40 KHz signal from my micro controller(much better waveforms than a 555).. amplify it using 2n2222 transistor and feed it to the uSonic transmitter..

For the reciever, I have connected the reciever in the same way as the Leang minison module and connected the output of the comparator to the micro.

For proximity, I check the out put of the comparator, and for distance I calculate the time of flight between ping generation and recieved ping..

Thats it

rao

addy
12-27-2005, 11:45 PM
For the reciever, I have connected the reciever in the same way as the Leang minison module and connected the output of the comparator to the micro.
can u explain this 'Leang minison module'.

will simple amplification of the signal received at the receiver do the trick???

addy
12-27-2005, 11:47 PM
sorry i forgot to say one thing....

try out this site if u want ultrasonic ready made modules

its www.hobbykits4u.com

it looks gud with lots of module{a little costlier though}.

taknev13
12-28-2005, 05:34 PM
hey wot kind of a ultrasonic sensor are you looking for?in d sense wot should be its range, adn wot is your budget like.

if you come out with proper requirements maybe i can help you find a readymade utrasonic module in india.