PDA

View Full Version : SMD components in mumbai

virgo
04-23-2008, 12:36 AM
Quite Right. DIP packages are getting more and more difficult to find in modern devices. But break-out boards are getting easier to find. They cost Rs. 15 for a 44/64/100 -TQFP/QFN board (in Lajpat Rai, Delhi).
Anyways its time, hobbyists started migrating to SMD, in India. Its happened everywhere else, hasn't it?

Regards,

Debu

yes sure it is time to for the indian hobbyist to migrate to the SMD

Having same intention in mind i went to Lamington road in mumbai in hunt of shops that supplies SMD components .

I had hard time finding the shop as no one is interested in the retail selling ,

Finally I found a shop which is ready to sell the components in retail(not exactly)

This guy keeps all kinds of smd stuff , resistors , capacitors , inductors , digital ICs and microcontrollers in SMD

but if are planning to buy resistors then you will have to buy minimum 100 pcs which will cost around 20 Rs

the pricing of some SMD components i bought and enquired are as follow

Atmega 8L - 80 Rs
Atmega 16 - 115 Rs
Atmega 128 - 250 Rs

74HC240 - 10 Rs (good for doing BEAM)
IC555 - 5 Rs (it was not even visible)

For resistors of 0805 size it was 20 Rs per 100 pcs

this guy also keeps LPC21xx series of ARM microcontrollers and it is priced around (350 - 400 Rs)

he also has dsPIC series of PIC microcontrollers

he also promised to procure Xmega series of AVR microcontrollers if it available in singapore market

One more thing if you are going on saturdays for buying small things like many resistors of diffrent values , inform him in one or two days in advance , via mail or phone

Shop details are as follows

SMD ELECTRO COMPONENTS
54-C Proctor Road , Jyoti Estate,
Near Parijat Bldg , Off laminton Road
Mumbai - 400 007
Tel - 5658 6555
mobile : 93242 11912
Email : smdelectro@gmail.com

and if any of you reading this knows any other shop for SMD (retail) in lamnigton road or in mumbai , please let me know

debu
04-23-2008, 08:20 AM
@virgo: Nice Find!!

For guys in the NCR, 614 Mehta Bros., Lajpat Rai, keeps stock of SMD components, he almost always manages to aquire any component that you need (If he doesn't already have it in his stock :) )

And, for those of you who aren't uncomfortable with online shopping, lately I've been using Farnell India (clickie) (www.farnell.in), and they offer very fair prices (unlike RS), and stock in India. Infact I recently picked up a couple of Altera's FLEX 8000A's for around 640 each in single quantities.

Regards,

Debu :)

adith
04-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey friends,
You can find full range of SMD components (All packages)in Hyderabad at Roland Electronics Gujarati Galli 4-3-345/5 Koti Hyderabad.ph:0404-24756823,09849070411

nandhu
04-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Hai debu

For guys in the NCR, 614 Mehta Bros., Lajpat Rai, keeps stock of SMD components, he almost always manages to aquire any component that you need (If he doesn't already have it in his stock Smile )

can you give his phone no. with std code

Regards
Nandhu

shamikrudra
02-22-2012, 10:34 AM
@virgo: Nice Find!!

For guys in the NCR, 614 Mehta Bros., Lajpat Rai, keeps stock of SMD components, he almost always manages to aquire any component that you need (If he doesn't already have it in his stock :) )

And, for those of you who aren't uncomfortable with online shopping, lately I've been using Farnell India (clickie) (www.farnell.in), and they offer very fair prices (unlike RS), and stock in India. Infact I recently picked up a couple of Altera's FLEX 8000A's for around 640 each in single quantities.

Regards,

Debu :)

How you are buying from Farnell India ? do you have sales tax number? or there is other way around.

shamikrudra
03-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Is there any B2C type shop in india from where we can purchase SMD components like resistors capacitors LED transistors etc.
SMD electro components is B2B type only. he is asking for company TIN number.

vikas
03-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Element 14 is nice , i source from them . Though expensive they carry almost everything from high end micros to simple passive components in most form factors.

shamikrudra
03-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Element 14 is nice , i source from them . Though expensive they carry almost everything from high end micros to simple passive components in most form factors.

hi Vikas
Element 14 is B2B If I have to purchase from its dealer KnS it is showing resistor price in min 1 rupee which is in element .09 or 0.11
for these small components Kitsnspair is not good. thats why I am asking for low price store which is B2C model.
Thanks.

vikas
03-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Even in LRM here in delhi people dont give one or two pieces and those who do sell them at minimum Rs 1 or 2 , so 10 1k resistors will cost rs 10 , while 100 will be rs 12 .

I have always been ordering from Element14 since long time back , order directly from them , cookup a story if its required , put in some random numbers if required.The are professionals and i haven't seen any other indian vendor with similar quality and reliability.

For me more than prices is the reliability and timeliness of the vendor which counts , element 14 tops it.