PDA

View Full Version : geared motors/boxes

12-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Where can I find geared motors/boxes in Chennai?
Exact address or tel no required

sumandeep1984
12-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Rip apart any "Made in China" toy tank. You will get pretty good gearboxes....this by far is the cheapest & most abundant source of geared motors in a typical indian market.

12-20-2004, 09:41 PM
I will try to get one toy tank this week and let you know :D

Anyway I am yet to find a shop in chennai selling geared motors.

cheenu
02-06-2005, 11:42 PM
Hi friends,
I too find increasing the torque of the motor a great problem. I even tried to make a gear mechanism using the pulleys from a tape recoder. It didnt help. It would be of great use if anyone can tell me anything that will solve me this problem. Are there any standard products like gearbox mechanisms which can be used directly.Or are there any motors with build-in gears like a servo. If so what is its name . Am currently building a simole line following robot. Any such help would be of great use.

Thanks friends,

With warm Regds,
Cheenu.

Rishi35
02-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi !

Had ben searching for small-size hi-torgue moptors for ages till I discoverd some really smart ones at a camera repair shop. They are used for auto film re-winders. They are compact - about 1/2" in dia. and about 2" long; approx 60 rpm, have a super planetary gear mechanism which pumps up the torque.I bought a pair for a line follower - worked great.

happy_99
02-07-2005, 11:00 PM
That's nice info rishi. Thanks !!

Regds

happy_99

subot_robot
04-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Hi roboticists,
I have built a gear box using the metal gears from cheap key wound toys and aluminium angles. I have used 12v dc motor which gives around 4500 rpm and has around 50gm/cm stall torque. The total reduction ratio is 90. I am getting no load rpm of 45 at the final shaft which is close to theoritical value of 50rpm. But i am getting torque of 400gm/cm at the final shaft while theoritically i should get atleast 3000gm/cm torque. I have used 5 gears and each pair of meshing gears have reduction ratio of 3.11.
What could be the reason that i am getting very low torque? what i can do to overcome it? I am building the gear box for the robot which i am building for college project. If I fail to get decent torque from this gear box in another one week, then i'll have to abandon this and go for RC car as I am running out of time.

Thanking You

Subot_Robot

sumandeep1984
04-11-2005, 04:02 AM
These gears are not of a very good make, hence they don't match properly, resulting in high friction. This could eat up your torque....try rotating the gear box by hand in no load & no motor condition ... you may get some idea of the friction .. hope it helps

amaren
04-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi friends,
I too find increasing the torque of the motor a great problem. I even tried to make a gear mechanism using the pulleys from a tape recoder. It didnt help. It would be of great use if anyone can tell me anything that will solve me this problem. Are there any standard products like gearbox mechanisms which can be used directly.Or are there any motors with build-in gears like a servo. If so what is its name . Am currently building a simole line following robot. Any such help would be of great use.

Thanks friends,

With warm Regds,
Cheenu.

u can use the geared motor of a dancing dolls which come very cheep Rs.150