PDA

View Full Version : digital compass

subot_robot
12-28-2004, 10:04 PM
Hi
Here is another good digital compass from acroname
http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R117-COMPASS.html

This compass costs $51 which is a bit costly.
The compass uses the Philips KMZ51 magnetic field sensor, which is sensitive enough to detect the Earth's magentic field. Two of them mounted at right angles to each other can be used to compute the direction of the horizontal component of the Earth's magnetic field.

I am trying to get KMZ51 and KMZ52 in India. So far i haven't got one. The local dealer has order them for me from Arrow electronics, Mumbai. But he is yet to get them. If we can get them in India then we can make digital compass for less than $10. Can anybody in Mumbai try to encquire with Arrow electronics about the availability of these 2 sensors
Here is their contact info
ARROW ELECTRONICS INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
311 & 312 , CHINTAMANI PLAZA ANDHERI KURLA ROAD ANDHERI EAST MUMBAI - 400 099
Tel:+91(0) 22 5692 5196

Any body who has made digital magnetic compass or have KMZ51 or KMZ52 please let me know about it and where u got them or how u made them.

subot_robot

ravimarcus
12-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Hi,

I have KMZ51's with me and I am going to build a compass with it. It may be ready in Jan '06. I will post the info here once I have finished it.

subot_robot
12-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Hi ravimarcus,
Great to hear that u have KMZ51. Please let me know where did u buy them and how much did it cost. What type of package it is? SMD type or DIP? Thanks

Regards
Subot_robot

ravimarcus
12-17-2005, 08:24 PM
Hi Subot_robot,

I never bought it. My customer from UK sent it to me :-). It is SO8 package.

I will find out the price and post it here. If there is requirement for KMZ51, I will procure it and supply.... if need be.