PDA

View Full Version : Image Processing

just_landed
05-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Guys,

i'm working on recognising a number of robots using a single overhead camera. What sort of algorithm can you suggest in my getting to recognize them.

If you need more info on the problem, feel free to ask.

Regards
Rupak

allbits
05-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Any algorithm!!

Since it is only recognizing (As far as your problem statement is concerned) you can look for a pattern, or colour of your robot.

If you need more info on the problem, feel free to ask.

:?:

How did you expect, to get useful suggestion for a problem statement like yours, with a one line hint?? as usual, the real requirement will come out after two pages of discussion.

just_landed
06-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Well that is what i started off with. I have started recognizing the bots using colours and patterns. But that gets restricted to at max three bots. If i have a whole swarm of them such as the ones in a football team, how am i suppose to recognize and differentiate among the bots.

I'm sure it'll take a bit of discussions before we can get some solution out of here.

allbits
06-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm sure it'll take a bit of discussions before we can get some solution out of here.

You didnt quite get my point.

The point was, your problem statement was a one - liner. Your real requirement will come at the end f discussion. it would save a lot of time, if you make your requirement more clear at the first post itself.

just_landed
06-03-2008, 12:00 PM
I can see that my first post did not contain much information. However, the next post tries to cover up on that. I have described the recognition of the football team players as my target.

In the future i'll remember to include all the possible facts in my first post itself.

Now can i have some answers to this problem that i'm facing.

abhijit8
06-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Same pattern can be used on all the the bots. Each bot is then individually tracked and controlled giving it its uniqueness..

just_landed
06-10-2008, 11:29 PM
However if i'm using different cameras to recognise the different bots, how am i to collate the data and compare the relative positions so that they can work in co-ordination.

abhijit8
06-12-2008, 03:15 AM
Can you elaborate the problem statement with some more details?

rao
06-13-2008, 12:37 AM
different cameras to recognise different bots??

why cant you just have LEDs on top of the robots, if a robot is not under any instructions already, the Red LED should blink, else green. Green dots should be ignored till they turn red, red dots can be recognised by comparing the relative movement.

Divide the whole environment into a grid and take each cell as a single unit in the coordinate system. like playing checkers.

This solution is based on the somewhat information you have given in your posts.

Rao