PDA

View Full Version : 2mm pitch PCB's

humpty_Dumpty
06-08-2008, 01:21 AM
Hi there,
I am working on Xbee modules which require PCB's with a pitch(distance between holes) to be of 2mm(regular ones being probably 2.5mm)
I am residing in delhi ,so can any one please tell me a shop where I find it?
I am looking out for some specific shops/contacts
please also mentione if you have had previously a similar problem?

regards

Humty_Dumpty

debu
06-08-2008, 09:31 AM
@humpty: If you mean Prototyping Board, then you may be able to get it at Bhagirath Place. But I very much doubt it, you will most probably need to get them fabricated.

Regards,

Debu :)

rohitd
06-09-2008, 05:42 PM
As per my knowledge and experience the standard ptch size of all ic sockets and components is 2mm.

debu
06-09-2008, 06:33 PM
@rohitd: Mr. humpty_dumpty stated in his starting post that he wanted prototyping PCB's. The standard for these is .1 inch between each hole.

Now, 1 inch = 25.4 mm. Ergo, .1 inch = 2.5mm.

2mm pitch is something, I have not seen in standard IC's. But apparently XBee Modules have this pitch.

Regards,

humpty_Dumpty
06-09-2008, 10:02 PM
@rohitd: Mr. humpty_dumpty stated in his starting post that he wanted prototyping PCB's. The standard for these is .1 inch between each hole.

Now, 1 inch = 25.4 mm. Ergo, .1 inch = 2.5mm.

2mm pitch is something, I have not seen in standard IC's. But apparently XBee Modules have this pitch.

Regards,

Well I have seen use of 2mm modules before too in some of the small GPS modules

Ulhas
03-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Note that the ribbon pcb mount connector which we generally found in dvd / cd players has apitch of 1 mm, you can use it by seperating inbetween one pin cost for 6 pins is around Rs. 2 in Mumbai.

pkshima
03-12-2010, 11:39 AM
I guess it would be easier to just get wires out from the XBee module and then use standard pitch PCB.