PDA

View Full Version : micromouse

adv1
12-31-2004, 12:11 AM
Hi guys
I am using TSOP1738 & IR Led's for my micromouse but I am facing some problem....first of all pls tell me that TSOP detects only reflected light or it can also detect IR Light from IR Led directly......secondly any IR led will work for me or thee's some specific model......also I am getting output equal to input when there's no IR Led in range i.e. high output for no IR Light detected.....is it rite????if not then what can be the cause???? Hey guys help me out as this is my first project......also give me some detail as if how to use it in my model......thnx....bye

sumandeep1984
12-31-2004, 09:20 AM
To use TSOP1738 as a IR sensor, first of all you have to modulate the IR Light at 38 Khz. You can simply configure an IC555 based 38Khz oscillator for that.

But I think you probably don't need an TSOP1738. They are made for data communication rather than IR detection. For micromouse problem you only need to detect the presence / absence of the wall, for this simple Photo diodes / transistors can do the job pretty well, and save you the oscillator aswell. Simply use an ordinary IR LED & detect it using a phototransistor, use a comparator to distinguish between the levels of IR reflection......that's all there is to it.

Best of Luck !!!