PDA

View Full Version : Image Processing

ppv9
06-26-2008, 02:23 PM
I am working to make an Autonomous Image Processing Robot.

Most of the Image processing techniques used today require a computer.They mostly have the output of camera transfered to the Comp and processed on the PC(using softwares like MATLAB) .

I want to build a robot which can work without being Dependant on a comp.But I have not been able to find a Hardware and software that can help me to achieve this.At this stage I would be happy even if the robot is able to identify color ( I tried few circuits but their output is very poor and inaccurate). Can you please suggest any method by which I can achieve this.

I would be looking forward for your valuable help and guidance.

In case you are not able to help than please let me know who would be the right person to contact in this matter.

Yours,
Pranav Pai Vernekar
Goa Engneering Collage,
Farmagudi - Goa

ppppking04
06-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Google for
1. CMUCam
2. AVRCam

These are camera modules made specifically for your purpose. They contain an on-board processor interfaced with the camera sensor. This processor performs some simple image processing tasks like colour filtering, middle mass calculations etc. The module has a serial interface with which you can send the necessary commands.

Closer home: http://www.triindia.co.in/resources/?p=134

samurai_01
06-28-2008, 07:18 PM
hey
before u can proceed further,here is an advice:

AVRcam costs $100(tax and duties extra) so its something an engineer won't opt for.(not available in India,even now)
the jrobot(who make AVRcam) provide schematics of avrcam its b.o.m, may be the firmware for avrcam too(MAYBE)...

but the main component camera....

i couldn't find which one they use.so here comes the compatiability problems...

cmucams are more or less the same...

the triindia have an excellent tutorial regarding avrcam but even they have written that they tend to make us aware of advanced technologies..

ppv9
06-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Hey thanks a lot for your suggestions.. can you tell me how much will it cost me to make the AVR cam or CMU cam???? 100$ is suerly a lot. Will it be possibal to make the Whole system ( Excluding the cam ) for about 500/- ?

samurai_01
06-29-2008, 12:08 AM
well just check out robokits.co.in they have cheapest microcontrollers i have seen on net.
go to farnell.com/india. they would sell all components(ics,etc)and of course onlinetps.com very good purchasing site.
if u are in a city like say delhi,bombay etc then better search the shops section.

the makers of jrobots have every thing on their site regarding the software side as its an open source project. plus download the latest manual it shall provide the B.O.M and circuit schematics.

i guarantee that u shall find every thing for that board....

but the camera... u have to experiment with webcams or find a suitable one.(I have no idea of camera only...)

best of luck.