PDA

View Full Version : How to use Nokia 3310 LCD pannel with ATMEGA16 via CVAVR

mohitkhanna3v_infinate
06-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Reading the posts here. i feel that using Nokia3310 LCD pannel would be benefiacial to me. Ive not yet bought it. But I would like to know that will it work with ATMEGA16 via code vision avr? In the code wizard, thers an option of LCD for settings. Can I use that to interface with Nokia LCD? What shall I fill in the characters/line option? And how would I code it to display alphanumeric messages?

I cant find tutorial to this using CVAVR and ATMEGA, though i found 1 but it was using PIC.

I basicly need to display alphabets as well as numerals.

Other suggestions apart from Nokia3310 are also welcome.

debu
06-30-2008, 04:24 PM
@mohitkhanna3v_infinate: CodeVisionAVR does not have any built-in libraries for the Nokia3310 LCD. Infact the whole 'Nokia 3310 LCD' concept is a hack. You wont find any commercial compilers with built-in routines to read/write to a LCD which has been ripped off another commercial product. You would need to make your own routines, or pick up someone elses routines off the internet.

The CodeVisionAVR feature that you mentioned is for the HD44780-based Character-LCD's.

I suggest that you use the KS0108 based graphics LCD's. These are supported by the Procyon AVRlib (clickie) (http://www.mil.ufl.edu/~chrisarnold/components/microcontrollerBoard/AVR/avrlib/) Libraries.

Hope that helps :)

Regards,

Debu :)

docel
07-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Reading the posts here. i feel that using Nokia3310 LCD pannel would be benefiacial to me. Ive not yet bought it. But I would like to know that will it work with ATMEGA16 via code vision avr? In the code wizard, thers an option of LCD for settings. Can I use that to interface with Nokia LCD? What shall I fill in the characters/line option? And how would I code it to display alphanumeric messages?

I cant find tutorial to this using CVAVR and ATMEGA, though i found 1 but it was using PIC.

I basicly need to display alphabets as well as numerals.

Other suggestions apart from Nokia3310 are also welcome.

I think you want others to do ALL your work for you.....
Why dont you buy the readymade things and 'use' it??
I dont know what you searched, but my search for nokia3310 gave me 5,910,000 pages and avr 3310 brought out 596,000 pages on Google.

I see that you post queries of all kinds on every Forum here, without doing any basic work at all.
I suggest that you search our Forums with your queries, as all these queries are already covered sometime or other.

Like I said in an earlier post: don't look to be spoon-fed with things that you must do yourself.
And for heavens sake!! build SOMETHING first, instead of doing a "theoretical Research " for ready solutions from others.

mohitkhanna3v_infinate
07-01-2008, 10:32 AM
[ Contents deleted.
Reason: inappropriate, rude and out of topic.
-Mod]