PDA

View Full Version : speed control of stepper motor with parallel port

qwerty
07-22-2008, 12:35 AM
i hve a bipolar stepper motor driver and i m trying to control the speed of stepper motor through parallel port.
If somebody have any idea how the speed of stepper can be controlled through pulses.
plz help! :(

maddy_nish
07-22-2008, 11:16 AM
U can control the speed of bipolar motor directly by varying the delay between each steps.
You will find the following link useful
www.electronics-lab.com/projects/pc/006/index.html

ashish_agarwal123456
07-22-2008, 09:53 PM
if you can control stepper motor then there is no chance that you don't know how to change the speed.......... try to frame your questions in a better way so that you get solutions quickly.........

link given by maddy is good..... you must read it......... just to make it simpler , if you do not need to control more than two motors at the same time then you do not need those pipo registers....

just a word of caution: insert a optoisolator array between parallel port and ULN... it will save your computer from any back current....

following link will be very helpful though its for unipolar ( and i really want to thank BHASKAR, the author of this documentation.... it has helped me a lot)......you must see the documentation of project.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/vbscript/Stepper_Motor_Control.aspx?display=PrintAll&fid=71655&df=90&mpp=25&noise=3&sort=Position&view=Quick&fr=51&select=885669