PDA

View Full Version : Obstable Detector and Webcam HELP !!!

shyam4uall
09-07-2008, 12:59 AM
I m buildiing a computer controlled RC car..and i want to mount a obstacle detector on it and want the signal back to computer.

for this i am using IR sensor with 555 timer.but i m getting confused on how to get the signal back to computer as i dont want any wires attached between the car and computer.I m not using any uC.Also i want to mount a webcam on the car and video signals back to PC.Is there any means through which I can convert the usb webcam to a wireless one (bluetooth or wi-fi) ??

So how should i proceed.Do i have to use a uC ?? if yes which one will be easier to use.If any solution other than uC then it would be very helpful.

siddharth
09-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Hello Shyam,

Do you have a symbian phone with camera??

If yes, then there is a software "Mobiola webcam" that will convert your mobile phone into wireless webcam.

You can download a 3 days trail version from http://www.warelex.com/products/webcam/

You can have lovely video streaming over a range of 10 meters.You also need a bluetooth dongle at computer end (Dongle will cost you, no more than Rs 200)

Hope this will meet to your needs :roll:

Siddharth Dev
:D

shyam4uall
09-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks siddharth.

But what about getting the data from my IR detector(usually TSOP) to my computer ? how can I achieve this wirelessly ??

mercury
09-08-2008, 09:50 AM
shyam

you will need some sort of rf tx/rx to transmit/recieve back the data.

rf circuits should be easily available locally

maddy_nish
09-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi..

The best option would be to use a wireless camera used in security systems.. u can view the video using a t.v tuner card on your pc..
RF transmitter can be used to receve the signals of ir back to your pc using your pc's parallel port..

shyam4uall
09-10-2008, 06:39 PM
How I can make the IR emit non-continously....i.e not at a constant frequency of 38KHz.I think i have decreased the sensitivity of TSOP 1738 because now its not detecting the IR as it was earlier due to continuos emition of IR.

How can I have bursts of 10 cycles or more as per the datasheet of TSOP 1738 ?I am using 555 timer to generate the 38KHz frequency.