PDA

View Full Version : Require high torque for stepper motor

jottu
11-12-2008, 12:23 AM
I bought a stepper motor from ROBOKITS with type number16PU-M301-G1.They claiming the motor to be of high torque.But am not getting sufficient torque and speed.
Can i use this motor for micromouse.Are there any methods to increase its torque.
I am using ULN 2003 as the driver.I am posting my code below.The code is written for pic 18F452.Let me know whether my program have any trouble.

#include<p18f452.h>

#pragma config WDT=OFF
#pragma config OSC = XT
#pragma config LVP=OFF
/* Should we turn off the OSCS bit
#pragma config OSCS = OFF */

void delay();
void stepforward(void);

void delay()
{
int i;
for (i = 0; i < 1500; i++) ;

return;
}

void stepforward()
{
PORTD=0x08;
delay();
PORTD=0x04;
delay();
PORTD=0x02;
delay();
PORTD=0x01;
delay();
}

void main (void)
{
/* initialisation*/

TRISD=0x00;
PORTD=0x00;

while (1)
stepforward();

}

Hoping for a fast reply.

ankitmutha
11-13-2008, 01:36 AM
plz search the forums before u post any new threads..
see this link:http://www.roboticsindia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3606

debu
11-13-2008, 07:46 AM
@jottu: Apart from Ankit's link, let me add; Typically torque is inversely proportional to the rpm. So when stating torque, you should state, 0.8Kgcm@60RPM or along these lines. If you are finding the torque insufficient, try reducing the speed.

As far as your code is concerned, 0x08, 0x04, 0x02 and 0x01 are ok. (as long as your stepper motor leads are connected to pin 0, 1, 2 and 3 of your uC Port.)

Regards,

Debu :)

allbits
11-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Whats your crystal frequency?
Which compiler are you using?

From what you said, your motor is working, but it doesnt have torque.
the word"HIGH" is relative, so your HIGH may not be my HIGH. So its always better to put it in numerals.

Assuming the motor is rotating, your PIC is working. You have not mentioned the operating voltage, the type of batteries, and every detail, so that you can get a solution in shorted time.

Also, measure the actual current using a DMM and post it here.