PDA

View Full Version : COntrolling 5 Ir sensors using single circuit

udayr
11-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Hello,

I want to control 5 IR sensors using a small ciruit which can be mounted on the hand..
please help...

allbits
11-22-2008, 08:25 AM
use a TV remote control.

udayr
11-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Thing is that i want to get the signal when my fingers are moved..so ill place 5 IR Led's(trasmitters) and 5 IR recivers on my hand. Since i hav to take signal out from this setup... :?

Please Help...

allbits
11-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Since i hav to take signal out from this setup..

So, is your problem talking the signal out??
Use wires.

udayr
11-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Nope, I want the circuit to be mounted on my hand. since, fr tis i require a smaller circiut tht controls all the 5 sensors.

udayr
11-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Here i'm briefing u my idea.
I'll place 5 of IR transmitter and Receiver (LED's) on my fingers in a setup such that when one of my finger moves that particular IR rays get disturbed. here i want to transmit the signal wireless to my application.
Since, i require a smaller circuit which can be fitted on my palm itself.

allbits
11-24-2008, 06:00 PM
It would have been much easier if you could describe the entire requirement in the first post itself. after 4 posts, now i come to know that you need it wireless.

So, explain in detail, your current circuit diagram and the way you are placing it on your hand. Your requirement is still vague for me, and may be for others who read this. So please explain more so that people over here can help you better.

udayr
11-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah sorry for that.... before I'm in a hurry and unable to explain the problem clearly. I had a Image link down here, where i had uploaded the picture explaining the setup. Hope this will give brief description.Please go through the link down here...

http://www.imageuploads.net/ims/pic.php?u=30060lIdqT&i=161810

Uday
tRyIn to CreAte thE diFFereNCe...

allbits
11-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Since the IR transmitter/receiver are at close range, you can avoid any modulation. SO just lit up the transmitters, and read the receivers.

Connect the 5 inputs to an encoder, and then to the wireless transmitter. This way, you can avoid any programming.

I would recommend SMD components to reduce the sizes.

But, I am not quite sure if this is going to work quite well, if you plan to track the finger motions. That is, you may be able to sense if a particular finger is bent, but not how much it is bent.

udayr
11-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Can you please suggest me with a circuit for this..