PDA

View Full Version : ultrasonic frequency problem

ekhemanth
01-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Guys,
Do anybody know how to find the frequency of an ultrasonic transducer? I don't have any specification along with the transducer. I bought it in ritche street(Chennai).

I have every thing in the circuit wired up perfectly, but it not working. Now, my doubt is only on the transducer. Is there any way to find out whether the transducer is working or not? Without even knowing the frequency of the transducer, my work is terrible. Can anyone help me regarding this...

01-15-2005, 05:07 PM
I brought one from ritchie street last week from Omega.
Where did you buy yours from!!I am facing the same problem.Which schematic are you using.

ekhemanth
01-15-2005, 09:04 PM
I bought it from precious electronics (above majestic electronics). I bought it for Rs 250.

I am using the circuit from http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_srm1.htm

Can any one help us with this issue.

I even tried connecting the tranducers to a multimeter and provided a 40 khz beam, but I am not getting any voltage output(not even in millivolts)

vidur
02-15-2005, 02:48 PM
I;ve never tested these before but you can try what i'm saying

Try connecting your sensor to the multimeter, Now blow hard into the sensor, that too very suddenly....

See if the multimeter registers some activity!

I guess this should work!

Let me know if this was helpful

Vidur

Vishy
02-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Try this circuit.

http://www.leang.com/robotics/info/articles/minison/minison.html

I tried the same and it didnt work either.

The sensors that we get in majestic look similar to the ones used in the sf04 range finder. i suppose they are the same.

ice
02-15-2005, 11:04 PM
I had tried the leang circuit posted above..
i got a range of around 2 feet ,but i used it as an obstacle detection circuit only and not to detect distance at that time

Normally the transducers are tuned to a 40Khz frequency...
google for Murata ultrasonic sensors ..bcos thts normally where the sensors come from...