PDA

View Full Version : Where to order PCBs in bangalore

suhasm
04-29-2009, 05:58 PM
I am an electronics hobbyist from Bangalore. I've been making PCBs till now by toner transfer method. I want to know if there is any place in bangalore which does PCB design and etching. I will be ordering only 1 or 2 pieces from them.

I already enquired in kwality electronics (sp road) and he expects a minimum order of 50 pieces. Om technology center does PCB etching at a cheap rate , but he charges an obnoxiously high rate for pcb design.

I am still in 9th std , so i cant really afford to pay high rates for my hobbyist projects.
I want to know if there is any place which does small scale PCB design and production at a low cost.

akshay66
04-29-2009, 09:33 PM
hi
i am also from 9th standard but from delhi.I am also facing some problems with PCBs.I started making PCBs some days ago by toner transfer method.The room gets really messed up while i make PCBs and they are not that perfect.The stain left by ferric chloride is permanent.

i'm looking for course in PCB designing & etching.I'm bad at etching,i don't know about designing as i have not designed much PCBs.Please notify me if you have any information about any of this type of course available in Delhi.

Regards akshay,

suhasm
04-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi Akshay...

I have not been facing any major problems with toner transfer method except that it is a bit time consuming.

If you dont like the staining nature of FeCl2 , you can use a mixture of Hydrogen peroxide (available in any pharmacy) and hydrochloric acid in a ratio of 2:1.

It is extremely fast and non staining and non corrosive also.
I regularly use this mixture if i dont have FeCl2 at hand.

My concern about Toner Transfer is that the success rate is only 70% or so. There is no guarantee that the toner will transfer completely 100% of the time..

What kind of paper are you using for the toner transfer? i am using OHP sheets.
And is photoresist spray available in delhi?

The Indian Institute of Hams conducts courses on PCB making and soldering in Bangalore. I have not attended any of their programs yet as it is very far from my place. Maybe you have a branch of the IIH in Delhi too which maybe conducting such courses.

Anyways , i have written a post on PCB toner transfer on my newly started blog :
http://iamsuhasm.wordpress.com/2008/12/10/making-pcbs-the-right-way/

Check it out , as it may help you...

biscuit
04-30-2009, 04:47 PM
I have been using toner transfer method for long time and it is successful most of the time.Actually use Art sheets they are easier to use and they are more successful.

A description of using the method can be fund in the site
http://www.vignesh.byethost4.com/pcb_fab_process.htm

siddharth
05-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Hello Akshay!!

EFY is conducting courses on PCB designing etc... Check their website www.efytechcenter.com for details.

akshay66
05-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi all,
Thanks for your reply siddharth!I already knew about efy courses.But i can't attend them,the problem is distance from my house.Its more than 30Km.

Regards Akshay,

siddharth
05-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Hello Akshay!!

you can start it with yourself,, go for cadsoft eagle... easy and free.. moreover many good tutorials are available on internet.