PDA

View Full Version : a new interface

vabs
05-08-2009, 08:36 AM
hi i am vaibahv
i am designing a new interface for robot motion. its somethin lyk in autocad.
it has a grid of say 5 by 5 cms. so whenever i click on any point in that grid, the coordinates have to be transferred into bot. the bot will correspondingly move in meters tho.
my problem is designing a new interface im nt able to get the code out..... :!:
so u all hv ne idea?? :?:

MohitM
05-08-2009, 08:43 PM
<rant> Why does everybody I see, and more so engineers, use shorts when there is absolutely no need nor any benefit (you are after all using a proper ~104 key keyboard on the PC and not a <20 key cell phone)?

I mean, "lyk" instead of like, "tho", "hv", "ne"?

Duh, SMSese is so passe... Its no longer cool, dude!
</rant>

vabs
05-09-2009, 09:23 AM
are dude...get over it
i HAVE written a post that can get some comments regarding the topic...not YOUR stupid complaints!!!!
plz avoid it

MohitM
05-09-2009, 04:02 PM
get over it I just can't!

not YOUR stupid complaints!!!!Ah, they are not stupid... rather too valid.

I probably could've helped you too! But don't feel like it.

vabs
05-09-2009, 05:53 PM
hmm....
i did make a sincere effort of writing long forms....rest is upto you....hope someone will post a useful thing.... :evil:

shobhitkukreti
05-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Vabs mind your language. Mohit is a senior member over here and you should learn to respect. If you want to learn something act like a humble student

vabs
05-10-2009, 05:46 PM
@ Mohit
my sincere apologies....
but i think the discussion is going the wrong way....

hmm.....presently i am stuck with the interface between pc and the bot.
do i have an option between vb and matlab....or is it matlab throughout since i am using serial communication????

debu
05-10-2009, 07:44 PM
@vabs: If your bot is using Matlab to process its data, then I suggest you use Matlab to perform the serial communication too. Besides, my opinion of Visual Basic is pretty low (you know, not being native etc.).

Regards,

Debu :)

rao
05-13-2009, 05:29 AM
my problem is designing a new interface im nt able to get the code out..... Exclamation

It would be helpful if you can elaborate this part of your message

Rao

vabs
05-13-2009, 10:44 PM
actually my aim is to implement a robot that can go places using gps.
for that i need to have a map of a place on the computer.
so whenever user clicks on a particular location the coordinates should get transferred to the bot.
so i am going to divide this map into say nxn cells and store the roads in form of matrix.
so it simply comes down to moving from a particular element of matrix to another through the stream of 1's.(on a map road will correspond to 1 in matrix).

so i am unable to get a starting point with programming.
i have more or less found out a way to enter the matrix...
but the next part???

rao
05-15-2009, 04:11 AM
Let me tell you what I can come up with for your situation.

let your map be a 2D matrix map[n][n]

let the robot start at the origin (for now, it actually doesnt matter) map[0][0]

so..let us consider each row to be a time step i.e row 0 is 0sec, row 1 is at 1 sec.

Also, let us take the forward velocity to be constant.

now.. according to you a certain path will become a string of 1s on the matrix and remaining matrix will be zero.

then start by incrementing rows.
i.e. on row 0 you have two 1s one after the other i.e your robot has to move "right" for 2 blocKs. so ...

if (column of the current location - column of the next location)<0
then robot turns right
else robot turns left

This is all I can come up with for now.

Add up to it or something

Rao

vabs
05-15-2009, 08:56 AM
thanks.....yes it works fine.
and also we have to consider initial column. if there is a string of 1's then it has to move straight or back.
so i think i will have to do a program to check surrounding rows and present column. think I'll be able to do it.
this computation will be done on the computer. so matlab na?

rao
05-16-2009, 03:23 AM
It doesnt matter where the computation is done.. Matlab is an easy alternative as long as you know how to interface your robot with matlab for realtime processing.

Rao

vabs
06-18-2009, 10:52 AM
sorry for late post. exams just got over.
so about the project does anyone has any idea regarding the road database for gps navigation. we found out it uses vector maps. but how to make one?