PDA

View Full Version : Microcontrollers

01-28-2005, 05:22 PM
Guys;
I want to know which type of microcontrollers is best for robot enthusiasts? :?

sribadrinath
01-29-2005, 09:59 AM
hi .. looking for help in finding a suitable / cost effective micro controller with interface software for my pick & place robo...

Thanks & Regards

sribadrinath@rediffmail.com

alex
02-04-2005, 04:20 AM
I'm using an ADuC834 from analog devices and it's great for robots, it has all the peripherals I need, 2 PWM outputs, a great A/D converter for a main sensor, a second multiplexed A/D converter for secondary analogue sensors, and ISP.
The downpoint though is that you need a printed board for it (it's in a MQFP package).

vikas
02-04-2005, 09:55 AM
I recommend Atmel ( most powerfull of the 3 and easest to program and use ) Also its has a very good open source community support ( pic does not have any free good c compilers , while x51 is 2 old 4 most of the things ) .

The mega series of atmel packs quite a punch in an affordable pdip . Anyhow ATMEGA8 / Rs 200 ( the best feature , price , performace combo )

It also has 10 k + flash r/w and 100k of EEPROM r/w :) , PWM , ADC ,3 Int lines , SPI , ICP Bla bla ...

I recommend atmel series

02-05-2005, 10:15 AM
There are many fakes in the market.How to distinguish them.The only way I come to know is by the small life the fakes have. :?
Already lost two of them in just a month and these and not because of overvoltages and currents.They are the dumb fakes :x

R0B0Y
02-23-2005, 12:37 AM
i know intel
but whats atmel and pic :?:

yogi
11-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Ya wht Vikas told is right

I am also using AVR microcontrollers. I am using atmega32L , but it cost Rs.450

If you see for the cost of the uC see
1. chip cost and its facilities like ADC,and memory
2. Cost of programmer Rs.40 for AVR and it is just a parallel port cable

my programmer - bsd programmer www.bsdhome.com/avrdude/

software - avrdude
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avrdude/avrdude-4_3_0-win32-install.exe

cost<Rs.40(only parallel port cable and pair of wires)

3. But for others, PIC and 8051, i haven't seen any programmer with Rs.450 which i had seen in roboticsindia.

4. OpenSource Support, it is an important factor if you use good projects
Now i am working on Embedded ethernet, for tht u require program memory usage >10KB(flash usage)
For tht I used WinAVR(AVR-GCC),and AVR-LIB,AVRSTUDIO4.0 a good simulator for assembly and can see how C programm is working with WinAVR program

5. projects and helps
see www.avrbeginners.net if u want to begin AVR
www.avrfreaks.net for help

6. Speed is great for AVR=5/16 PIC=1/20(8051)

FOR MORE HELP MAIL ME

Bibin John
www.bibinjohn.tk