PDA

View Full Version : inpout32.dll in turbo c??

shobhit_goel10
05-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Hi I am developing a project that hass to access the pc parallel port in windows xp, through Turbo C/C++..

I know u cannot access the port directly in XP but u need driver like inpout32.dll..

now i have that dll, but what to do with it??

how do i access that dll through Turbo c/c++..
pls help
thanks..

vikas
05-17-2009, 03:10 PM
It will not work , Please use Visual Studio as the dll works for windows based software.

The Dos based 16 bit TC code will not be able to use it.

shobhit_goel10
05-18-2009, 03:32 AM
It will not work , Please use Visual Studio as the dll works for windows based software.

The Dos based 16 bit TC code will not be able to use it.

That means Turbo c/c++ can never access the parallel ports in win XP, no matter what we do??

avinash_g
05-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Hey Turbo C++ is an Antique thing written in 80s when Nothing called Windows(TM) existed!!! How will it able to know things (such as dll and ActiveX) ???

As Vikas Said Use Visual Studio or Dev C++ (gcc on MinGW) they are modern 32 bit compilers.

I don't know why peoples are still sticking with old technologies (Turbo C++) ?

Especially academic peoples are in love with Turbo C++

Even if you don't know GUI programming with C++ you can still use the cout cin. Simply create a console app with DevC++ and use the dll

vikas
05-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Nope you will never be able use it. Unless you work in DoS .

You can always look at VC++ Express Edition , which is free for students - should be enough for you.

suhasm
05-18-2009, 01:44 PM
VB or VB.NET is best for beginners. If you are familiar with C++ , then VC++ would be easy i guess.

It is extremely simple to play with the parallel port in VB6. It is even easier in BASIC. Why dont you take a look at either?

maddy_nish
05-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Hi shobit..

Just google for "userport".. u can douwnload a zip file by that name.. follow the instructions given there.. then you will be able to access parallel port in turbo C.. Its even got a driver..
You will then be able to use instructions like "outportb", "inportb"...

shobhit_goel10
05-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Hey thanks for ur advice!.. I installed user port and then Turbo C works fine with parallel port..

thanks a lot..