PDA

View Full Version : Question about Atmel 2313 board?

Learner
01-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Hi all,

I have few questions about this programmer board. Here it goes….

1. Can I use 4MHz crystal in place of 8MHz as mentioned in the schematic?

2. Can I program AT89S8252 with the same cable?

Thanks in advance

cardkicker
01-31-2005, 04:07 AM
I think you have to use an 4 mhz crystal for the serial port cause i tried everything else and it didt work? I did not have a 4 mhz crystal so i dont no. I am also struggling to learn how to program these chips so lets try and findout together to make this easyer on the both of us. My email is briancoats@bellsouth.net keep in contact with me ill let you no if i figer out how to do this and if you figer it out before me then youl help me hehe
we will just help each other.
I have been asking around abought how to program these chips for a while now and havent figered it out yett, I can program the chips using the stk 500 butt to me that is cheating and dont teach me much. I did build a very simple programmer that works with ic-prog butt ic-prog is in hex and i dont understand it??
that hardware doesent have to have any crystal if you want to build one ill send you the shematics it is very simple to build butt i havent found anything besides ic-prog for software?

Learner
01-31-2005, 10:59 AM
I think you are taking about some different programmer. I'm asking about programmer cable for Pony Prog, whoes schematic can be downloaded form this site.

One more question, is it necessary to use a crystal while programming, can I program it without a crystal, just like we do with PIC uC's.

Thanks[/img][/url]

vikas
01-31-2005, 11:13 AM
Well 4Mhz works just fine ( any other crystal will do to )

Abt the programmer cable ( it works for al AT90SXXXX ant ATMEGAXXXX) series i have myself tested it .

Also sometime it will give an error ( so in the cable config try inverting the reset ) .

Learner
01-31-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks, there is one more problem. In interface setup there are 3 options like this --> SI Prog API, SI Prog I/O and Easy I2CBus, which one should I select?

vikas
01-31-2005, 08:52 PM
First one works fine ... press test and it will let u know .