PDA

View Full Version : HOMEMADE PCB parts help

snk_naveen
05-26-2009, 08:15 PM
hi friends
i dont know where to ask this question so i post it here !!

I Live in chennai , I want to make my own pcb but i am puzzled as to where i can buy ferric chloride and hand drills ?? i searched the net but found only bulk sellers . please suggest some shop names and address .
Thank you

MohitM
05-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Ferric chloride will be available at laboratory chemical dealers. You can get 500g packing in Merck, Qualigens, Nice brands. There is a firm called Associated Scientific somewhere near Pudupet. Justdial or Google them or "lab chemicals Chennai".

Drills are available almost anywhere. We use JK drills at our place, and they work great.

Muffy
05-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi.

You will find Ferric chloride in one of the multitude of chemical stores at Nainapannaikan street, Sowcarpet near Flower bazaar Police station. It costs Rs 45 for a kg. That should be sufficient for say, 20 to 25 small-medium size PCBs.

The hand drill for PCB can be purchased at the address below ,they also stock 0.8mm resharpened carbide bits. Sells for 60 Rs a bit.

Universal Tools and Engineers
K.P Complex#2
Mohammed Hussain Sahib Street,
Mount Road Ph: 28525938
(Richie street area)

If you need a power drill you can go for a MINICRAFT 40 watt hobby rotary tool, a Chinese imitation will cost you Rs600 and the original one Rs 1300.If you are going use it only for light occasional PCB drilling the Chinese one should suffice. You might need a mini drill press for that which sells for Rs 550. This stuff is available in Universal tools and engineers too.

If you need blank copper clad single/double side boards at reasonable rates , you can try Sundaram pcbs , Narasingapuram Street in the basement of Raheja complex.

Hope this helps, happy prototyping :D.

snk_naveen
05-28-2009, 06:07 PM
thank you friends for your help . i will buy it as soon as i can

firoz
06-09-2009, 09:13 AM
@Muffy.

iam quite interested in such rotating tools.can u give me some more details of it.a pic may be.
what would be the RPM of that tool.i would like to buy the original.

purecoder
06-09-2009, 06:23 PM
If you are actually interested in rotary tool and you are planning to use it for an extended period please please don't go less than Dremel. I have learned it in a very hard way that Rs 600 model or even if something around Rs 2000 model won't help you much for good precision PCBs. They don't have such usable motors and they vibrate madly even at 5000 RPM. When Dremel 400 series is amazing stable even at 35000 RPM. Then Dremel is not so costly to consider even. You can find very reasonable price on ebay. And surely it will help you in long run.

firoz
06-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the reply bro.

i had dremel only in my mind for rot.tool
but i want bit more power than simple dremel.i want to do some engraving too.so is there any higer model which is compact and of more wattage in this dremel series?

AVnetics
01-27-2010, 09:57 PM
snk_naveen,

why to roam all over for it ?
buy Hydrozen peroxide from pharmacy (u will get in many places) 60/-
and use a harpic (toilet cleaner) + 45/-

Hand drill 50/- u have all resources needed for PCB !

Get plain copper clad and thatz it .

Guide is in instructible site .