PDA

View Full Version : atmel avr

cardkicker
01-31-2005, 03:58 AM
Hello i built a programmer that hooks up to the parellel port of my pc.
I have been tring to program for sometime now and have gotton nowhere,
ic-prog is the program for the parellel port i hear butt it is in hex??? i am lost, i tried to build an serial port programmer so i could use avr-studio butt the hardware i made didt work i dont no why? Does the crystal have to be 4 mhz why cant i get it to work? I just want to program the chip it is an at90s2313 just to make a led blink or something so i can move on butt i cant even get started?? Please someone help me Please
I would buy the stk 500 butt i dont want someone elses hardware i want my own hardware that i make and i dont care abought the software as long as it will work butt ic-prog is in hex and it does work with my parellel programmer that i made butt i dont understand hex? I mean i no what it is butt i cant see how to program it in hex i just want to program like everyone else please help. :?

Vishy
02-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Too many butts in your mail has confused me...

i think ur confused about coding in hex. use this info if that is what you are looking for.

To program a microcontroller write the code using the mnemonics for its architecture and using an assembler you can convert the source to a hex format. you can then use the programmer software to load this hex file onto the rom of the microcontroller.

enjoy botting
vishy

ankit17_ag
10-28-2006, 09:54 PM
i prefer to use C for programming the avr. use winAVR to compile the program and then this can also load the hex file that it ll generrate into the avr. u can load program into the microcontrller using parellel port(bsd).thats quite simple.writting program in C is much easier than using assembly lanuage.

avinash_g
03-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Hello,
I have written a nice tutorial about AVRs that a complete beginner can follow. I hope you will get some help from that.

http://www.extremeelectronics.co.in