PDA

View Full Version : High Torque Motors with Encoders

pranavtrehun007
06-01-2009, 04:40 AM
Hi,

Does any one know where i can get high torque motors ( about 21 KG/cm) with encoders. I'd prefer ones with inbuilt encoders as i don't know about mounting external encoders to motors (plz also give me tips if you have done this).

they usually sell in USA for about 100USD with encoders (600 counts) . Are they worth it? i was wondering if i could get them cheaper in India.

pranav

samurai_01
06-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Can you tell me which company are you dealing with because rs5000 for 21 kgcm motor with inbuilt encoder is a no way let off deal... i don't think anyone sells inbuilt encoders motors in india

firoz
06-05-2009, 09:27 AM
you need to go for industrial servo motors.(ofcourse pretty expensive)
but in it you can get accuracy of 1micron(lesser is also possible)
and they will come along with it own driver and built in encoder.

pranavtrehun007
06-08-2009, 07:24 AM
Can you tell me which company are you dealing with because rs5000 for 21 kgcm motor with inbuilt encoder is a no way let off deal... i don't think anyone sells inbuilt encoders motors in india

Hi samurai,
thanks for responding. i dont know the name of the company as my prof in US used to buy them for his robots. but they came with external encoders not inbuilt.
someone should be selling high torque motors with encoders in India as well. high torque motors DC motors are used in so many things, so they must be available somewhere :roll: ..... or so i hope

pranavtrehun007
06-08-2009, 07:38 AM
you need to go for industrial servo motors.(ofcourse pretty expensive)
but in it you can get accuracy of 1micron(lesser is also possible)
and they will come along with it own driver and built in encoder.

the mare mention of industrial makes me go 8O . may be one day when i am rich :mrgreen: . rite now, i just want something that is cheaper.

how much are those anyways?

firoz
06-09-2009, 09:03 AM
say a 4N-m motor will cost u 30K :wink:
let me know from where ur prof. used to buy.iam also interested in such motor.