PDA

View Full Version : pc to rc car interface

agpraneet
07-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Well I wish to interface an rc car with my notebook.

I plan to use the receiver and transmitter of the car and use more powerful motors.

My notebook has vista installed. Can it be done in vista or by using virtual machine??

agpraneet
07-13-2009, 07:51 PM
I also wish to know how to go about interfacing

rao
07-16-2009, 02:06 AM
Praneet

The last time I checked, this website was Robotics India and not Alladin's lamp or Make a wish foundation. Your constant use of "I wish" just shows that you are not doing any ground work because you are still at the wishing stage.

As I have said a million times before.. bring us the problems you face, specific problems that you face when you tried to implement your idea and we will guide you. Just wishing doesnt work on the forums.

Rao

agpraneet
07-17-2009, 04:51 PM
I have made the circuit
But i the switches are always on in windows vista(windows 7 actually).

The car motors keep moving as soon as i connect it to parallel port

What can be done??

debu
07-17-2009, 06:00 PM
@agpreet: Post what you have. Circuit diagrams, schematics, code, etc. Maybe we can point out your error.

Regards,

Debu :)

agpraneet
07-17-2009, 07:36 PM
well i am confused what terminal to use as ground

the remote has lever as
http://www.jbprojects.net/articles/rc/
http://www.jbprojects.net/projects/rc/

I have used the components mentioned but the remote used buttons and my one uses levers. So, i am confused about the ground conection.

Will it be the battery -ve terminal or individual groud for buttons. Also, i dont know if i need to supply the remote with battery power or computer power is suffcient.

debu
07-18-2009, 12:27 AM
@agpraneet: Sorry my friend. That is not enough information! You are using Windows 7 RC. What port access driver are you using? Also, are the grounds common? (Battery, Parallel Port Pin 18, RC car motor driving circuit etc.)
Post the schematic of your hardware, and we will find the cause of the problem being faced by you.

Regards,

Debu :)

Edit: You are using a laptop. Does it have a parallel port? or are you using a USB-Parallel Port?

agpraneet
07-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Well finally i managed to make the car work using help from the web

The problem was that the parallel port pins were on by default and i tested this on both xp and windows 7. Finally, using the software available on the web, i was able to switch off the ports temporarily and use the vb program with the guide to control them. But, when i reboot, the ports again get on.

So, the car part is done.

Now i look forward to the camera part. I have bought a wireless av camera and plan to buy a avr card. But, i am also working on a movable camera mount for which i m planning to use the other rc car i bought. I ned help with that. Any suggestions are welcome

@debu
The laptop has inbuilt parallel port