PDA

View Full Version : Boat race

akshay66
08-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi all,
You all must have forgotten my post regarding making a racing boat in may.I want to tell all of you that the boat i was making is finally complete.I was making for boat race competition.I also want to tell you that i have won the competition by a cleen sweep.Me and the runners up had a distance of 7 meters when i completed the race.I had won all my 8 races in order to come first in the tournament held at Modern School,Barakhamba Road,New Delhi.

I had talked about all kinds small to be used in boat but now i realise that was of no use.I haven't used and motor(directly) instead i used 12v air pumps available in the market.You'll find them in car ACs.These are really powerfull.They suck in water & release it at a very high speed.Each pump has a motor of about 1000 rpm.It can throw 500ml of water in 6seconds.Each pump costs around Rs250.

The ciruit that i used is really staight forward.I connected each pump with a switch & battery in series circuit.The battery is common for both the pumps.Its a 12v 7A battery.When the boat has to move forward i press both the switches.The boat turns left when right pump is on & visa versa.

More you can find about the boat after seeing the photos.If you liked my projects please write comments about the boat.

The photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41197793@N07/?saved=1

docel
08-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Good work Akshay!!!

Nice to see some true resourcefulness!!!

Good luck!

akshay66
08-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Thank You!!!

vikas
08-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Congrats dude , Nice to see your efforts . Hope u carry on with such endeavors.

pkshima
08-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Excellent work.
Nice things to learn from your project :-)

rao
08-08-2009, 02:37 AM
Nice job!!! Minimal resources good design... Awesome job!

Rao

ice
09-12-2009, 05:34 AM
Sorry to dig this up, but what are the air pumps? Did you take them out of something?

You know, this reminds me so much of my college days--And i had taken part in a similar competition.