PDA

View Full Version : TENET TECHNETRONICS is now an official Distributor in INDIA

tenet
08-28-2009, 01:24 PM
TENET TECHNETRONICS is now an official Distributor in INDIA for Arduino Boards an open source Electronic Prototyping/Development Board, an easy way to procure boards in INDIA. These boards will help your electronic ideas to become a reality. We also host a range of electronic boards - Micro Controller, VLSI and Embedded boards. We host a wide range of electronic components to cater your needs.

Boards we currently distribute
Arduino Mega
Arduino USB/Arduino Duemilanove
Arduino Pro
Ethernet Shield for Ardunio
ARM 7 Development Boards
ARM 9 Development Boards
ARM with Touch Screen
PIC Development Boards

Peripherals
ARM Programmers/Debuggers
PIC Programmers
AVR Programmers
USB2UART(FTDI)
Touch Screens
LCDs
Sensors - Accelerometer, Proximity, Fingerprint etc.,
Communication - Bluetooth, GSM, GPS etc.,
Track Ball

Components
LEDs - RGB, Single Color
Breakout Boards
Controllers
iPOD Components
Cables and IC adapters

Visit us at www.tenettech.com for more products
Contact us at info@tenettech.com for more info

Official Distributor for SPARKFUN ELECTRONICS and EMARTEE

--
warm regards
Vasanth Kumar B

akshay66
08-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Vikas tough competition above!!They have good quality,Good variety,Reasonable Cost.

vikas
08-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Rs 450 vs Rs 1688 is not really competition :) . I will start slow and small but do things our way ... everything ours , optimized for lower costs.

akshay66
08-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Hi all,
Obviously you cant compare.By competition i meant qualtiy not price.There size is small,PCB is better,SMD components are used,neat & looks better.I am not saying that you can't make boards like these.As you said you'll start slow & small.When I am(or maybe any other) buying boards & cost is less than 2000 then it does not affect much at this stage people choose quality over price.It does not make a difference whether its 1000 or 1700.Your case is different your cost is 500 but i am refering 1000 as you'll improve the quality.I would have anytime prefered that board at this stage.I think you need to improve the quality.I think quality affects alot.I think almost all the buyers would go for quality upon price.If you release the sameboard for say 1200 then thats like tough competiton.In india not much compaines deal in arduino so hurry up and make your chance.My advise would be sell boards with good quality i mean good PCB's,proffesional soldering,Small size,neat work etc and offcourse keep the price low.Your board is good but cannot be used for professional use.

Regards Akshay,

vikas
08-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Ur right with what u said ...

I chose things so that i can cut down prices , for me it does not matter that much , but when u can buy 4 boards for the price on one it does matter.

Anyhow somethings

Size - Ours is about 4 sq inch more , But cost wise single sided are more economical.
PCB Material - Same for Both FR-4 .
SMD vs DIP - We had this discussion before , I chose DIP due to what our normal Indian hobbyist can get hands on.
Looks - I need someone who can take good photos :) .

Professional Use - No one packs Arduinos inside electronic gadgets , they have dedicated circuits.

And you have no idea how price sensitive the Indian Buyer is :). So Idea is to give decent quality at affordable price.

http://www.roboticsindia.com/public/arp/arpu-v1-side.jpg

akshay66
08-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi all,
I think i was a bit wrong.I said all that after seeing your previous board.I thought you were selling those boards for 450.If this board costs 450 damm good.I think the new board has all the quality featues that one would look in his/her board.The PCB's are good not those simple copper clad.The board looks neat.One thing more I think SMD should have been used.Technology is changing indians too should change.After seeing this board i would vote for this upon that.This is just because of your cost(1/4).I really appretiate your work best of luck to this board for its future.GOOD WORK!!

For were did you got PCB's made??How much quantity??What was the price for this size??

I think the USB type is not correct.It should be the other one.

Regards Akshay,

pkshima
08-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Thats an excellent looking board Vikas !!!

The cost of quality can perhaps come from out of India sales :)

pkshima
08-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Actually it looks yummy. some reasons ...

1. green resisitors.
2. the pcb material. FR4 or whatever its called.
3. All DIP parts.
4. Good quality DC jack. they arent easily available !
5. couple of wire links to giving it a DIY look.
6. The look somehow makes me nostalgic.

I am not an AVR fan and I have no idea what the capabilities of this board are, but I might still but one just for the looks :D

avinash_g
08-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Wow a Workshop on Arduino !!!

Some day they will give Workshop on Basic Stamps

Peoples are used to SPOON FEEDING :cry:

virgo
08-30-2009, 02:50 PM
excellent board vikas,
you just needed a right angle for the photo :lol: