PDA

View Full Version : Robocon

qureshi
09-03-2009, 03:01 PM
How i can initiate in robocon please help me.I have completed the line follower on atmega8 & i want to compete in robocon2010.please suggest me.

samurai_01
09-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Robocon is not like any other competition where you can get your hands on it very easily.... there are many factors that affect Robocon considering the fact that its one of the biggest Robotics competitions in the world
1. A team- without a 'dedicated' team of atleast 10 people you cant get your hands on it. all members must b from different depts
2.Budget-If your institute supports then its fine otherwise a modest budget of Rs 50,000 is required and plus Rs 10000 which is the registration fees then you have travelling and shipping costs etc which swell your budget to Rs 70.000 approx(this is for a decent attempt)
3. Knowledge- YOu must have knowledge of basic mechanisms as this years theme is more of mechanisms then barely line following.
Please remove the notion that by only line following you can participate and stand somewhere in Robocon. People use all sort of technology like sharp,encoders etc etc for making their movements more than accurate.

And above it you need is courage. Because if you tend to participate first time there, you have to cope with your institute burden of exams and the"understanding" and "support" of faculty and students.
so if you think you can fulfill these criteria then you are most welcomed to come to National Robotics Championship

impet14
09-09-2009, 08:42 PM
It 's very true.