PDA

View Full Version : making sumobot

robodam
09-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey,I am new to this field. So can any one let me know that using HIGH TORQUE motors in Making a sumobot is useful or not.
does more torque means more weight.
If it is so then increasing the weight of my bot will be an efficient way to win. :?:

vikas
09-06-2009, 12:41 PM
High Torque does not mean more weight.

In a sumobot they are useful , You basically need a good power to weight ratio. A very good grip would also help.

karandex
09-06-2009, 08:33 PM
true

make heavy and powerful robot

use metal gear box if possible

ruddin
10-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Ya! and just use an object detecting sensor and your Sumo bot is ready! :)

samurai_01
10-20-2009, 12:13 AM
more weight does not mean that you will be a sure shot winner in sumo war.
Its a losers tactic to pile up weight on your bot and go for fight. Please do it only if you are a real desperate for a certificate.
the correct way is that you must calculate how much weight you want to carry and then buy motors wisely or else piling up weight on motors will only decrease your motor mobility and life and you may end up being still.
If you already have bought motors than calculate the allowable weight limit.
if your budget permits, go for high torque motors. no one will be able to defeat you once you have those excellent motors.
motor torque is directly proportional to Weight of machine and radius of wheel and number of wheels.
In sumo war you have to push your opponent back, which means that your motors must be twice as powerful than your required rating for moving the bot
If you have any further problems than please post them here or contact me.